“best coffee ever”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 9, 2014

first timer in New orleans and wanted beignets cafe dumond was way too busy long lines I asked a local where to get a beignet and he recommended here. we did and iIt was friendly and the coffee was so good that i would drive there again to get a cup. i live in minnesota

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Just off the Causeway Boulevard near I-10, this quaint beignet shop in a little strip mall serves pillow-y and tasty beignets and hearty coffee. Full of locals, not tourists.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Being a native of New Orleans, I have grown up with visits to Morning Call since before they moved to Metairie (N.O. suburb). I always enjoy the experience and am now introducing my grandchildren to this iconic eatery. The beignets were hot & crunchy on the outside, airy on the inside - just how I like them. The cafe au lait was hot and flavorful as usual. When I was a young girl, the cost of each item was a quarter. It's more now, but still a cheap outing and something you just have to do when you visit the area.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was a child in 1948 the first time I came here. I remember it vividly. You could pull up in a car back then and they served you by means of a tray fixed to the window. I had never had beignets before and they were magnificent. They still are, even though many years have passed and the location has changed from the middle of the French Market to a distant suburb. Their cafe-au-lait is also the unchallenged champion.

I live elsewhere now but I come home often and I don't think I have ever made the trip without a visit to the Morning Call.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have been going to Morning Call for beignets and coffee for years now. Every time we are in New Orleans we stop there every morning. The beignets are consistently fresh, hot and delicious. The coffee is always good. The price is the best around. I have had the beignets and coffee at Café Du Monde in the French Quarter and these are tastier, cheaper and you don't have to wait in line.