“Local Restaurant”

Vincent's Italian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincent's Italian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 510 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Local Restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good Food, Ambiance , If you are over 50 this will remind you of many restaurants you ate in before.
Recipes dated but good.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank CarlNewhouse

Jasper, Texas
“Really great food & service”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

we found the food and service to be very good and the prices were reasonable. The eggplant sandwich was an outstanding appetizer and the service was smooth throughout our dinner. We will definitly return anytime we are in the New Orleans area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank richard c
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
“Best Italian food in New Orleans - hands down”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Vincents in Metairie is our go-to restaurant when we go to New Orleans, which is about once a month. (We live in Lafayette, Louisiana so we are no strangers to good food). The restaurant is small and intimate....nothing fancy here.....it's all about the food. Vincent is always there, greeting customers and making you feel like an old friend. Everything on the menu is out of this world.....we've been going for years and have NEVER had a meal there that was less than outstanding. My personal favorites are the House Specialty, which is a veal canneloni with a red and white sauce....incredible. Sometimes the veal isn't as well ground as other times and you get chewy chunks of veal in a few bites.....but when they have done a good job grinding up the veal, the consistency is just amazing. And when the scallops with a citrus sauce special is on the menu it's a MUST. I've never, ever had such delicious scallops. The sauce is perfection and the scallops are seared just right. My hubby likes the Chicken Parmesan and Eggplant Parmesan, my daughters like the Italian Sausage. The white bread pudding is also divine. It doesn't look like typical bread pudding but it's yummy. I understand the steaks are also terrific, although we've never tried them. I like my favorites too much. :) They have a location on St. Charles too. We almost always go to the Metairie location. You will NOT be disappointed in this little gem.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Vidrines
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Solid Disappointment”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I had dinner on 4/22/13. We were looking forward to the place based on trip advisor reviews and commercial advertising. Arrived about 7 pm and the place was nearly empty. Still we forged ahead thinking we were very fortunate. No problem in picking a table. Service started well and tapered off pretty quickly. The important part of the visit was, of course, the meal. We ordered the veal and crab, and the shrimp and marinara pasta. The shrimp was old and the marinara pretty ordinary (Classico out of a jar). The veal and crab was pretty average. The dinner salads were straight fare with a blue cheese vinaigrette -- ordinary with the dressing being virtually all oil and only the slightest evidence of blue cheese. Dessert was called a white chocolate bread pudding. That we had to send back -- it was simply a soupy mess -- the egg in it was still raw. In discussions with the staff we were told the pastry chef was not there and had been out for a week, and the owner was away visiting in Las Vegas (ironically, where we now live -- where's the boss when you need him -- several trip advisor reviews indicated he was usually there to greet customers and more). We left about 9 pm -- the place was still empty.

Visited April 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
“One of the best meals I have ever had!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in Metarie due to a spur of the moment trip to New Orleans. We were looking for good places to eat and ran across Vincent's. I LOVE Italian food so this was right up my alley. I had the stuffed shrimp in pastry and my husband had the scallops. BEST FOOD EVER! It was so good! The scallops melted in our mouths! And the pastry in the stuffed shrimp was so light and flaky! The sauces were beautifully prepared. We are going back to New Orleans in November and you can bet we will stop to eat at Vincent's on the way!

• Visited April 2013