“Best Italian food in New Orleans - hands down”

Vincent's Italian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincent's Italian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 525 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Vincents in Metairie is our go-to restaurant when we go to New Orleans, which is about once a month. (We live in Lafayette, Louisiana so we are no strangers to good food). The restaurant is small and intimate....nothing fancy here.....it's all about the food. Vincent is always there, greeting customers and making you feel like an old friend. Everything on the menu is out of this world.....we've been going for years and have NEVER had a meal there that was less than outstanding. My personal favorites are the House Specialty, which is a veal canneloni with a red and white sauce....incredible. Sometimes the veal isn't as well ground as other times and you get chewy chunks of veal in a few bites.....but when they have done a good job grinding up the veal, the consistency is just amazing. And when the scallops with a citrus sauce special is on the menu it's a MUST. I've never, ever had such delicious scallops. The sauce is perfection and the scallops are seared just right. My hubby likes the Chicken Parmesan and Eggplant Parmesan, my daughters like the Italian Sausage. The white bread pudding is also divine. It doesn't look like typical bread pudding but it's yummy. I understand the steaks are also terrific, although we've never tried them. I like my favorites too much. :) They have a location on St. Charles too. We almost always go to the Metairie location. You will NOT be disappointed in this little gem.

4  Thank Vidrines

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I had dinner on 4/22/13. We were looking forward to the place based on trip advisor reviews and commercial advertising. Arrived about 7 pm and the place was nearly empty. Still we forged ahead thinking we were very fortunate. No problem in picking a table. Service started well and tapered off pretty quickly. The important part of the visit was, of course, the meal. We ordered the veal and crab, and the shrimp and marinara pasta. The shrimp was old and the marinara pretty ordinary (Classico out of a jar). The veal and crab was pretty average. The dinner salads were straight fare with a blue cheese vinaigrette -- ordinary with the dressing being virtually all oil and only the slightest evidence of blue cheese. Dessert was called a white chocolate bread pudding. That we had to send back -- it was simply a soupy mess -- the egg in it was still raw. In discussions with the staff we were told the pastry chef was not there and had been out for a week, and the owner was away visiting in Las Vegas (ironically, where we now live -- where's the boss when you need him -- several trip advisor reviews indicated he was usually there to greet customers and more). We left about 9 pm -- the place was still empty.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in Metarie due to a spur of the moment trip to New Orleans. We were looking for good places to eat and ran across Vincent's. I LOVE Italian food so this was right up my alley. I had the stuffed shrimp in pastry and my husband had the scallops. BEST FOOD EVER! It was so good! The scallops melted in our mouths! And the pastry in the stuffed shrimp was so light and flaky! The sauces were beautifully prepared. We are going back to New Orleans in November and you can bet we will stop to eat at Vincent's on the way!

2  Thank kittyconni
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The metairie location is a little out of the way just off of W Esplanade but is worth the few extra minutes. No frills, just good Italian food. The cannelloni is worthy of the specialty labels- the portion size will look small to some but it's plenty of food because every bite is rich and flavorful. The salads and bread are solid but not exceptional. Friendly service and an owner who is out in the dining room making sure guests have a good experience.

5  Thank Troy H
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was a very busy Friday evening and surprisingly, Vincent was performing hostess duties. He apologized for the wait, offered free wine and beer to everyone. As time allowed he quickly turned over the tables from leaving guests. In the process he treated everyone like they were long lost friends. We were seated in about 15 minutes and Vincent visited with us throughout the meal. After salads, I had an appetizer that was good enough to be a meal as it had shrimp, crabmeat and oysters, in a shallow ramekin with an Italian inspired cheese sauce broiled on top. I had it served with braised spinach and finished the meal with pistachio ice cream with nuts, chocolate and whipped cream. The meals for the rest in our party were excellent also. Vincent took the time to tell us goodbye. If that doesn’t sound like being welcomed home, it don’t know what does.

7  Thank Grendyl