“Amazing!”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 511 Restaurants in Metairie
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This places is always great. You can not leave there until you try their char grilled oysters..whether you are an oyster fan or not they will definatly hit the spot! The service there is also lovely and the servers are extremely friendly and do whatever they can to satisfy their customers! I am always pleased when i go here.

1 Thank Kricks1692

Indianapolis
“GFrilled Oysters- Who Knew”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just off the lake this restaurant is much more fun than their downtown version. I can make a meal out of their appetizers as long as we start with their famous Grilled Oysters.
Priced right and a Joint Atmosphere- Think Diners-Drive-Ins & Dives

Visited June 2012
Foley, Alabama
“I don't get it.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I read the reviews for Drago's and thought this must be the place to go. We have tried it three times: the first for lunch which was okay except for the party of six next to us who seemed to be having a contest of who could be the loudest and most obnoxious on the cell phone.
The next two times were for dinner. We found the noise level and the transparent efforts of the wait staff to turn over the tables (for their benefit) to be both distracting and annoying. Call me "old fashioned" but I prefer a wait person who does not want to be my friend or act better than me. The word server is derived from service. I am a customer, not "one more" anonymous number on your "move em in and move em out" list. And that was how we felt we were being treated.
The food was good, but not good enough to excuse that. In their defense, I did not try the charbroiled oysters which is supposedly the go-to dish there.

• Visited October 2012
Stamford, CT
“Good food in a huge hotel setting”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have heard about the charbroiled oysters and we were staying nearby so we stopped in. The oysters were definitely charred with an intense smoke flavor that I think I can still smell it on my hands a few hours later! This was my second go at this style of oysters and I have to say the other place was better; less greasy, bigger oyster and I wasn't worried about little bits of shells that seemed to be in almost every bite. Don't get me wrong, I would stop eating them if they were put in front of me, but I wouldn't run back. I also tried the gumbo which was nice, not too spicy, not too thick and had nice bits of crab and sausage.

• Visited December 2012
Holland, Michigan
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

After a week on the road a dinner at Dragos was a real treat. The char-broiled Oysters were as billed....GREAT. The oyster chowder was to die for and the entres we split were wonderful. This is a bit hard to find if you don't have GPS but as a visitor to New Orleans I have found my way back there the last three trips.

• Visited December 2012