“Char-grilled Oysters good”

Ranked #3 of 517 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Attractive restaurant with excellent wait staff. For price, I would have expected table linens in New Orleans. Parking is a real problem to the point that we had our driver drop us off and pick us up in the shopping center parking lot across the street. We ate gumbo, a modern spicer concoction than we are accoustomed to, but still enjoyable. Bread pudding with bourbon sauce, a New Orleans specialty, was good but not extraordinary. Altogether we enjoyed our evening at Dragos, but having seen the nearby branch of Acme Oyster House, a traditional French Quarter restaurant, I believe I would choose the latter venue due to better parking, similar menu and reportedly a slightly lower cost. Dragos closes at 9 PM, so early dining by New Orleans standards, at least is a must.

There are newer reviews for Drago's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I know the smoked oysters are supposed to be to die for but I am a longtime Louisiana girl and we like them raw raw raw dipped in horseradish/catsup sauce. The stuff soft shelled crab was to die for.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Drago's in Metairie is the location of this restaurant to go to. The location in the New Orleans riverfront Hilton lacks the ambience of the Metairie location (a peculiarity, since most of Metairie is wholly lacking in any positive ambience). Most of the menu is good but not great, but the chargrilled oysters and crabmeat salads are real favorites and the primary reasons to go here. There are other places probably better for raw oysters (e.g., Casamento's, Pascale's Manale).

1  Thank jamminedward
Reviewed May 12, 2012

New Orleans is the city for seafood and Drago's delivers. Everytime I have visitors here, I tke them to Drago's. The char-broiled oysters are the best (char-broiled, fried, bbq) that I've had over the past six months! There are a ton of other great dishes, like duck and shrimp & grits!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Started the charbroiled oyster craze. Very good raw oysters, po-boys, lobster salad, shrimp creole, onion rings. We like to set at the bar for lunch. Jena and Angelle will take good care of you. I have been a customer here since 1972 and would not be in the New Orleans without dining here at least once.

Been to Drago's Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!