“Terrible, rude front hostess/owner.”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 513 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
“Terrible, rude front hostess/owner.”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The hostess was the rudest person I have ever encountered. She was an older lady,whom I later find out is the owner, that seemed to think she was owed something by the customer. I went to put my name in for our table and she asked if they were all in the building. I replied with they are all standing outside the door because there wasnt enough room in the small waiting area for our party. She replied with-- there is a big difference between inside the building and outside. I politely asked her if everyone needed to come inside for me to put our name down and she told me that is what in the building meant. So, I replied with okay I will go get them, but there is no need to be so rude. This first interaction completely ruined it for me. However, instead of turning around and leaving I had everyone in the party come inside becuase I thought maybe they were going to seat us.WRONG.It was completely ridiculous to need every person in our party in the building to only give us the buzzer to continue waiting.
We get buzzed and as we are proceeding to the table to be seated the same hostess comes over puts her arm around me, refusing to let me continue to my table, and proceeds to tell me that he was nt and is not a rude person but actually very professional. By this point I am beyond irritated and simply told her to please refrain from touching me and that professionals do not conduct themselves this way.
Lastly, when we arrive to our table there are not enough chairs to seat the party. This place may have okay food, but it is not worth the hassle of a hostess/the owner.

Mandeville, LA
“Incredible oysters”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

One of the best seafood restaurants in New Orlean. Their signature dish is char-grilled oysters - TO DIE FOR! Also the best place in the City for lobster! They sell m ore lobsters there than any other restaurant in NOLA.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Got to love oysters and fried food”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Very nice service and attentive. If you don't really love oysters and super fried food make another selection. Nice lunch spot where you can get in and out quickly. Very, very limited parking. Little noisy, spartan chairs and tables. Something you might want to do at least once to say 'been there, done that'.

• Visited November 2011
“BBQ Oysters”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

They are the ones that invented BBQ oysters. Great on the half shell too.

The Woodlands, Texas
“People aren't Kidding....Get the Oysters”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The main reason to here or the downtown place are the grilled oysters.....you will not be disappointed......make a meal out of it.

• Visited July 2011