“Not really all that.”

Ranked #3 of 527 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I have been to this restaurnat many times over the past 10 years. I have never been impressed with the steaks. The char-broiled oysters are the best around. Restaurant is very loud and it could take you a while to get a seat. There are a lot better restaurnats in New Orleans that should out rate this place.

1  Thank bnatigcomman

Reviewed June 7, 2011

For my 50th birthday breakfast, after a run on the levee top, my husband and my brother and I went there for lunch. I consider this the breakfast (brunch!) of champions.
To start I had the best Sazerac ( a New Orleans specialty drink hardly found outside the city) followed by a dark, seafood filled gumbo and then a dozen unbelievably delicious Chargrilled Oysters on the half shell, with a fresh baguette to soak up the hot garlic, parmesan butter in the platter.
I would seriously pay the round trip to NOLA just to get a dozen of these!
The other entrees esp. seafood with pasta are delicious but for me it's all in the oysters!
This restaurant is in "Fat City" ... not in New Orleans proper or the French Quarter.
Just get there by taxi, boat or whatever means you enjoy!

1  Thank njudith
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I've tried a couple of the entrees, gumbo, and chargrilled oysters. All were good. The menu has several other items on it I'd like to try. It is a little loud, but the service was friendly & efficient. It seemed busy, but we didn't have to wait the 2 times we went.

1  Thank LikeToLeave
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Loved it, we have been there several times. Loud and busy place. Great service. Our Oysters were excellent.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Since I no longer live in the New Orleans area Drago's is the one place I always return to when I come home to visit family. This place has been around for years and is a local favorite. I think I have been going since the early '90's but moved out of state in 2001 . The restaurant is always busy on Friday and Saturday nights. They do not take reservations it is on a first come first serve basis. Don't worry, I think I have never waited more than 15 minutes before being seated. The stuffed lobster and charbroiled oysters are always a consistent home run. I have had delicious specials such as stuffed soft shell crab that was out of this world. I always get the gumbo which is quite good since I cannot find a decent cup in Dallas, TX which is where I live now. I do not venture deeply to other dishes on the menu unless there is a nightly special that piques my interest. However, I always go with an enormous group of people and they have always been very happy with their meals. I have always had great service. A good indication of that is seeing how busy it is around Fri and Sat night. Why would you go back if you were not treated well? I will be returning to New Orleans in a few weeks and am planning to go back again. The owners have been there each night and eat their dinner in the bar around 10 - 10.30 PM. They are lovely people to meet. Hope this helps those who have not been to Drago's as it is delicious place to eat.