“good pasta”

Andrea's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Andrea's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 527 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ridgelake
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant had decent enough food and good service but i have to say was very over priced for pasta dishes. I dont think i would go back unless i had another entertainment book coupon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family of 10 went to Andrea's for Easter Brunch. "Everyone" said how wonderful it was. Everyone's food was served timely and cooked to perfection. From the sugar eggs, to the festive decor, to the fabulous food, this was the perfect Easter Brunch.
Dianne Breaux.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Took my entire Family for Easter Brunch. Food was served not hot, barely warm. Had to ask for wine glasses. Had to serve our own wine(2nd bottle). Waiter was not available for long periods. Not much assistance from other staff. Staff seemed not to know the table locations. Manager came over, listened to our concerns, no reduction/comp/credit on bill of over $500. This was for years a great place to dine, not any more.

Andrea's R, Manager at Andrea's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Good Afternoon Miss0ouriTraveler,

Thank you for notifying us of your experience for Easter Sunday lunch. At Andrea’s, We strive to provide our guests with best culinary and service experience. Therefore, we want to take this opportunity to express our sincere apologies. We as a family, regret any inconvenience that this experience has caused you. We have notified the proper department of your complaint and are taking the necessary steps to ensure that in the future, all of our guests receive the level of service that they deserve.

Moving forward, we would like the chance to make this right in everyway possible. If you would please email us at nolandreas@aol.com, we have every intention of following up with a solution that we hope you will find satisfactory.

As always, your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you will continue to give us the opportunities to serve you.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Warm Regards,

Andrea's Management Team

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have used Andrea's many times to entertain business groups with great food and service....my husband and I had our first " date" ther 20 years ago... I was very excited to take our family there for Easter lunch....I am soooo disappointed...the service was terrible...the server disappeared for king periods of time .., my turtle soup was both tasteless and served cool rather than piping hot...it was two hours to get our entrees.....we ordered two bottles of wine...after waiting over ten minutes for glasses I had to ask the bus person to ask our server for glasses....she did our the first glasses...however, our second bottle of wine with lunch she took a powder....I gave her feedback on her service and asked for the manager....he came over and while very solicitous we wound up pouring our own wine, eating cool food that was not of hi quality,and had a bill over $500 to boot!

Good Afternoon tdpeterson,

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Warm Regards,

Andrea's Management Team

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Can hardly wait to go back.

My niece was not invited. She was not part of the wedding party and she was local. However, when I told her that I was going to Andrea's for the rehearsal supper, she betrayed a little envy.

As I had planned, I was a little early. I passed the separate entrance to the large private dining room that was set up for the supper and followed the signs to the "piano bar." I had sent an e-mail to First Brother that if he was early he might find me there. I figured that if it were a nice bar with a good piano player, First Brother would be recognized there.

The room is beautiful. I was a little surprised to find it in post Katrina Metairie but would not have been surprised to find it in Tuscany. I immediately felt at home. If you go for dinner, allow time for your aperitif in this room.

I introduced myself to the bar maid and ordered oysters, She suggested "char broiled" and I agreed. They were to die for. Served with "New Orleans bread" and olive oil and vinegar. My first choice of a half bottle of champagne was not available but my second choice was.

Sure enough, First Brother arrived in due time and just as sure, he was recognized by half the people in the room. After all, his is one of the great voices in the city and this was a music room. After rejoicing in reports of his grand children and securing the second half bottle, we adjourned to the large private dining room where Minor Brother was hosting the rehearsal supper for his youngest son and child.

The very pleasant dining room was more distinguished by the company than the decor. After a nice interval, beloved Minor Brother introduced the chef, Andrea, a giant of small stature, who introduced his menu. Having had oysters, I chose the gumbo, the fish, and the bread pudding, all delicious served in portions large enough to share.

Admittedly, this was a family affair. Andrea's stood up well but left me anxious to return on my next visit to New Orleans when I will be able to appreciate the dining experience as well as the venue. In a city of hundreds of great restaurants, that is great praise.

The bad news iis that is always difficult to choose where to eat in New Orleans. The good news is that all the choices are good. If nights in New Orleans are scarce, one spent at Andreas is as good a choice as any.