“Creative Food, Fun Place!”
Review of Vega Tapas Cafe

Vega Tapas Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Vega Tapas Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 510 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative Food, Fun Place!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you enjoy trying lots of creative, well-executed dishes, then Vega is your place! From the Moorish Pork with Horseradish Cream sauce to the Apple and Brie Salad, everything we ordered was fresh and tasty. My personal favorites are the Grilled Artichokes with Tomato-Feta Relish and the Gulf Shrimp in Paprika Garlic Oil... YUM! Service is friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable and lively. The Duck Sliders with Manchego were so good, that we ordered a second round. Small plates at its best!

• Visited August 2013

Flora, MS
“Delicious flavor filled diverse creative dishes”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a repeat dining experience and service was spot on. The specials were plentiful and diverse. Everyone at our table enjoyed their selections. I have food allergies and they were helpful and careful with my selection.

• Visited June 2013
Blairsville, Georgia, United States
“Great Service and Interesting Food”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We always enjoy visiting Vega Tapas. The service is outstanding and the menu changes regularly, which gives you lots of variety. Our favorite server is Julie. Make sure to ask for her!

Visited May 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Don't go hungry”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Monday, April 15th, we unfortunately decided to dine here. We arrived around 6:30 pm and seated rather quickly - BUT no one waited on us for an hour! The poor sweet bus boy had to finally take our order. Thereafter, the food did come out at a good pace but no one ever waited on us, no one checked on us to see if we are satisfied, if we needed anything. I had to stop the bus boy several times to fill my glass with water. If I had not been with my mother (who had her heart set on eating here, I would have surely left). I emailed the restaurant to advise of this terrible dining experience and I received a reply from the chef that simply said he was surprised that one bad dining experience we keep us away. Wow. Food is good. Service is terrible.

• Visited April 2013
“Without telling us, automatically added 20% to our bill( there was only 5 of us)...didn't think we were in Miami”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Ok food, ok service, and a staff that thinks their s*** dosnt stink...made for a bad ending to a meal with friends....make sure u don't double tip when they automatically add the gratuity