“Food was good, service was friendly”
Review of Deanie's Seafood

Deanie's Seafood
Ranked #10 of 516 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Deanie's Seafood is loved by locals as one of the "Best Seafood Restaurants in New Orleans" (Gambit Weekly, Times Picayune), "Best Place for Crawfish" and the favorite place for fresh Louisiana seafood prepared in our signature Creole seasonings. For over 50 years Deanie's has been serving huge portions of the best boiled, broiled and fried seafood. Its two restaurants in Bucktown and the French Quarter earned a Zagat food and service rating of "very good to excellent," and its French Quarter private dining spaces are perfect for special events, rehearsal dinner and weddings.
“Food was good, service was friendly”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have to admit, I was slightly disappointed. This place was good, the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as it sounded, by the reviews I read; maybe it was what I ordered. I had the stuffed shrimp and it was good, but I thought it would be great. It was interesting that they serve red skinned potatoes like an Italian place would serve bread or a Mexican place would serve tortillas and salsa. My friend and I were in the area for work so we decided to check this place out. When we walked in the door there was a kid (teenager) laying on the floor with his guitar. It was a bit odd and the staff didn't know why he came in and laid on the floor and they didn't seem to be doing anything about it. After our meal, the server came back with the receipt but my friends American Express card was missing! It was dropped on the floor and people that were dining at a table over from us found her card. That was not acceptable. I know accidents can happen, but with the amount of fraud these days, I wouldn't want my card misplaced like that. The server just said, 'oh, I'm glad they found it' and went on to the next table, like she was never concerned.

• Visited June 2014
Deanie's S, General Manager at Deanie's Seafood, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Tara,
We are sorry to hear that your experience at Deanie’s in Bucktown did not meet your expectations. Our spicy boiled potatoes are a cajun tradition at Deanie’s Seafood (generally found in Louisiana crawfish boils). We are glad to hear that your card was not misplaced and will address our staff about the incident with the young man lying down in the restaurant. We strive to provide an exceptional experience to each guest, and hope you will return to Deanie’s in Bucktown or the French Quarter the next time you are in town. Thank you for the review!

Atlanta, GA
“Fried seafood Southern style”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Fried oyster and shrimp dinner with fries was very tasty. Batter could have used a little more salt but good flavor. They serve small boiled potatoes to start and not all orders come with fries. Desserts looked good but too full to try. Very informal atmosphere and funky appearance outside but service was excellent. Typical southern fish house. Was not crazy about the gumbo, I've had better in New Orleans.

Flowood, Mississippi
“Good food - good service”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

when they first brought the potatoes and butter to the table I was unsure. Then I tried them and devoured them. The okra and seafood gumbo is delicious. Also had the catfish and shrimp combo which was good too. I will definitely go back.

Visited June 2014
Deanie's S, General Manager at Deanie's Seafood, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Emily,
We are so glad to hear you tried and enjoyed the potatoes as well as the rest of your meal! Our home-made cajun potatoes are a Deanie’s Seafood tradition. Thank you for the review, we look forward to seeing you back at Deanie’s!
“Love the red potatoes!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I had a catfish po boy which was amazing and delicious! My only complaint is that my side salad could have been fresher, the lettuce was a little brown in places.

New Orleans, LA
“Look out for added gratuity”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This restaurant is one we go to often. The other night we went with another couple and it was a huge disappointment. I don't think I will be going back there soon. We each ordered the full seafood platter, which was like $57. The food was just not what is use to be. For $57, it is a better deal to get the half seafood platter for $27. The full platter is supposed to come with 2 soft shell crabs and one of our platter only had one. So after questioning the waitress, who obviously knew gratuity was already added for a party over 5, said well sometimes you only get one depends on the size. The fish was tasteless. The food was greasier than I have ever had, so much to the point I had heartburn so bad I couldn't eat much. The service was far worse than the food. After 35 minutes she finally brought out the remaining soft shell crabs. Our drinks were not refilled one time. And when she brought the bill it was all together when we had requested separate checks. Then the brought separate checks back she put all the drinks on one bill. So after slow, horrible service, I was forced to pay a $24 tip since gratuity was already added. Deanie's quality in service has really fallen. It seemed as though everyone, even the host was not friendly. However, the crawfish balls were very good. If you do come here, be prepared to wait and be prepared to be charge gratuity if you have 5 or more people, even if the service is the worse you have ever had.

1 Thank bnkb1100
Deanie's S, General Manager at Deanie's Seafood, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We appreciate your business as a regular customer of Deanie's and are sorry to hear about your negative experience during your most recent visit. Here is our contact form, http://www.deanies.com/contact-us/ - could you please provide us a way to contact you so we can learn more and see how we can address your concerns? We strive to offer premium seafood and service and are disappointed to hear that you felt both of these areas were lacking. We hope we can convince you to visit us again soon. Thank you for your feedback.