“Look out for added gratuity”
Review of Deanie's Seafood

Ranked #11 of 525 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Deanie's Seafood is loved by locals as one of the "Best Seafood Restaurants in New Orleans" (Gambit Weekly, Times Picayune), "Best Place for Crawfish" and the favorite place for fresh Louisiana seafood prepared in our signature Creole seasonings. For over 50 years Deanie's has been serving huge portions of the best boiled, broiled and fried seafood. Its two restaurants in Bucktown and the French Quarter earned a Zagat food and service rating of "very good to excellent," and its French Quarter private dining spaces are perfect for special events, rehearsal dinner and weddings.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This restaurant is one we go to often. The other night we went with another couple and it was a huge disappointment. I don't think I will be going back there soon. We each ordered the full seafood platter, which was like $57. The food was just not what is use to be. For $57, it is a better deal to get the half seafood platter for $27. The full platter is supposed to come with 2 soft shell crabs and one of our platter only had one. So after questioning the waitress, who obviously knew gratuity was already added for a party over 5, said well sometimes you only get one depends on the size. The fish was tasteless. The food was greasier than I have ever had, so much to the point I had heartburn so bad I couldn't eat much. The service was far worse than the food. After 35 minutes she finally brought out the remaining soft shell crabs. Our drinks were not refilled one time. And when she brought the bill it was all together when we had requested separate checks. Then the brought separate checks back she put all the drinks on one bill. So after slow, horrible service, I was forced to pay a $24 tip since gratuity was already added. Deanie's quality in service has really fallen. It seemed as though everyone, even the host was not friendly. However, the crawfish balls were very good. If you do come here, be prepared to wait and be prepared to be charge gratuity if you have 5 or more people, even if the service is the worse you have ever had.

1  Thank bnkb1100
Deanie's S, General Manager at Deanie's Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

We appreciate your business as a regular customer of Deanie's and are sorry to hear about your negative experience during your most recent visit. Here is our contact form, http://www.deanies.com/contact-us/ - could you please provide us a way to contact you so we can learn more and see how we can address your concerns? We strive to offer premium seafood and service and are disappointed to hear that you felt both of these areas were lacking. We hope we can convince you to visit us again soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is THE Deanie's. Not that the one on Iberville isn't good but isn't THE Deanie's. This is the place I come with my West Bank family after I devour a burger at a place on Esplanade. It is our sit down family meal. It is end all be all place to order craw fish. The new potatoes and butter are Deanie's answer to fresh rolls. Boiled in secret spices and brought out piping hot you will forgo knives and just dip them in butter and eat them like little nuggets of spicy heavenly prepared by angelic hands starch. Crystal sauce is on the tables here. Because "Louisiana exports that stuff from McIllehney. We keep the good stuff for ourselves". All seafood is fresh and is brought over from the shop next door. (Any fresher and the bait would still be in it's mouth!)
Po Boy's, Cajun and Creole dishes abound. The worst part is trying to make a decision from the menu. we usually all order something and split it 4 or 5 ways and create our own platters.
Service here is top notch. You never have to flag someone down. Your food is always served never called off, "OK, who got this?"
This place is one of the 3 restaurants I would move for. It is on my 3 must eat at before the first 24 hours in NOLA is over.
If you haven't been here, your tongue should slap you like you owe it money!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have dined in several seafood restaurants but Deanie's is one of the best. There are several items on the menu consisting of boiled, baked and fried seafood. I had the half seafood platter which consist of fried shrimp, oysters, catfish, soft shelled crab, stuffed crab, hushpuppies and fries. The platter can easily feed two people and at 25.00, it's a great bargain.

Deanie's S, Manager at Deanie's Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

James,
Thank you for sharing your review of Deanie's Seafood Restaurant! We strive to serve fresh Louisiana seafood in the New Orleans tradition, and are the first restaurant in the region to have earned "Louisiana Wild Seafood" certification, ensuring our customers they are enjoying the freshest Louisiana seafood that is world known for its exceptional quality and taste. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Food was average. My family being from Louisiana we know good cuisine. The part I wanted to be certain to report was the following. We travel with a service dog. By law he is allowed anywhere I go. The few times I have ever had to take him into a eating facility I walk in and talk to them and try to find a spot where he's not in the way or bothering others. Which I did here. I walked in and spoke with bartender, there was no one at bar area so I decided to dine there. No one ever entered until i was almost done eating. The lady identified herself as the owner and asked for his papers which I gave her. Then she asked what was my disability!!! I was floored! I really don't have to tell anyone and she broke 5 laws by even asking me that. That violates medical and privacy laws. She was so rude. I was just passing through town but I should have called the american disability authorities and let them know how she treats patrons with disabilities!

1  Thank terrimitchell

Dear Terri,
As the owner of a service animal, I'm sure you're aware that the law governing Service Animals specifically states that service animals are properly identified (vest/tags) and leashed or harnessed. Our staff is familiar with service dogs, and they and their owners are most welcomed customers when proper identification is provided and the animal is well-behaved. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us http://www.deanies.com/contact-us/. Our general manager would happy to speak with you over the phone if you have any additional questions.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Deanie's is a local legend. My personal favorite is the BBQ shrimp. The small appetizer plate is enough for me. With the dipping bread, it can be an entree if you eat raw oysters beforehand as appetizer.