“Bucktown Gem”

Ranked #10 of 513 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Deanie's Seafood is loved by locals as one of the "Best Seafood Restaurants in New Orleans" (Gambit Weekly, Times Picayune), "Best Place for Crawfish" and the favorite place for fresh Louisiana seafood prepared in our signature Creole seasonings. For over 50 years Deanie's has been serving huge portions of the best boiled, broiled and fried seafood. Its two restaurants in Bucktown and the French Quarter earned a Zagat food and service rating of "very good to excellent," and its French Quarter private dining spaces are perfect for special events, rehearsal dinner and weddings.
Kenner, Louisiana
“Bucktown Gem”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently went to Deanie's in Bucktown with another couple visiting fronm Little Rock.
The service was friendly and good. The seafood platter was more than enough food for all to share. It was fried nicely. The really great part for the meal was the appetizer--fried onion rings!!! The experience was very good but not as good as I remember in the past. If going to Deanie's I would recommend you visit store in French Quarter.

New Orleans
“Perfectly traditional New Orleans seafood!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I had not been to this location in probably 15 years (since I moved away) and returned for a lunch on Sunday. We arrived right at open 11 am and told our hostess we were in a hurry to catch a flight. The food was remarkably delicious, fresh, bountiful and UNCHANGED after all these years! Just the Half Platter of fried seafood was mountainous! We also had gumbo, fried crab claws, onion rings. It was a real treat. The server was fridndly, gave helpful suggestions and swift to get us out in our requested time frame

Montgomery
“Food OK but Facility Needs Attention”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A group of 6 recently had dinner. We were met by a friendly waitress and quickly brought their signature boiled potatoes ---hot but a little spicy with pepper. As is the custom with many restaurants, the menu advised of an 18 percent gratuity for groups of 5 or more. However this establishment adds 18 percent for smaller groups if you ask for separate checks. This seems a bit unreasonable. Overall the seafood was good. I ordered boiled crabs and was quoted prices for three sizes. This is new to me in eating seafood for over 60 years. One of the batch was a little "skinny" and to the waitress's credit she did offer to bring another crab, which I declined. Fellow diners had the Gumbo which wasn't up to past standards both in flavor and seafood content.Boiled shrimp and shrimp po'boys were very good. They were out of oysters that evening! I would have given a higher rating if not for the filthy ( yes, filthy) bathrooms, particularly the Ladies and the significant amount of dust that had accumulated on the chair rail by our table in the main room. We have been coming here for many years and were surprised by these conditions.

Mulberry, Arkansas
“Love This Place!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Last year, we traveled to Metairie for business. We fell in love with Deanie's. I have been waiting anxiously to return so I could eat BBQ Shrimp! We were seated immediately, and did have a short wait for our drinks. However, that was not a problem for us. The small boiled potatoes were yummy, and our meals were out of this world! My husband had the friend shrimp and it was absolutely amazing! I ordered BBQ Shrimp again, and it was out of this world! I recommend this place to everyone!

• Visited September 2013
Ft Walton Beach, Fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Foods”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

have been eating at Deanies for years. You can't beat it for quality, and the prices are excellent. Also, locations are good.

Visited August 2013