“Always good seafood with home-style atmosphere.”
Review of Deanie's Seafood

Deanie's Seafood
Ranked #12 of 527 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Deanie's Seafood is loved by locals as one of the "Best Seafood Restaurants in New Orleans" (Gambit Weekly, Times Picayune), "Best Place for Crawfish" and the favorite place for fresh Louisiana seafood prepared in our signature Creole seasonings. For over 50 years Deanie's has been serving huge portions of the best boiled, broiled and fried seafood. Its two restaurants in Bucktown and the French Quarter earned a Zagat food and service rating of "very good to excellent," and its French Quarter private dining spaces are perfect for special events, rehearsal dinner and weddings.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My 3rd time eating there and they did not disappoint. Mike was our server and did a great job. The seafood is always fresh and nicely prepared. The pecan pie was out of this world! Love it and will be back!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Once again we stopped in to have our favorite thing in NO, the bbq shrimp. They did not disappoint. They were delicious. They are so rich. I squeeze lots of lemon on top to cut the richness and they are wonderful.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the first time I had BBQ shrimp and it was so delicious!! My friend kept saying I had to try it and I'm so glad I did. The shrimp is the typical huge Gulf shrimp and the crusty french bread used to dip in the sauce is excellent! My shrimp po-boy was just okay. If I ever get a chance to go back, I know I'll just get the BBQ shrimp as a dinner instead of an appetizer. Our waitress was very nice and I was so happy to be able to get one of my favorite drinks - Barq's Red Cream soda!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I haven't been to Deanies for quite a while so I decided to visit for lunch with an elderly friend. We were there around 2:00 p.m. so the crowd wasn't bad. Unfortunately, we managed to draw a poor server. It took forever to place our order, took some time getting our food and was mainly ignored by our server, Dana W. Food was o.k., although a bit pricey. I had the crab au gratin with crab balls (4 of them!) and I feel they needed to add more crab with a little less au gratin! It was o.k. but nowhere near what I would consider really good. Shrimp was good, cat fish o.k. I doubt that I'll be in a hurry to go back. It's too frustrating to see people come in after you, get served, eat and get out long before you do!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Got the crawfish which was great...catfish was a little bland...table was small for 4 people...service was good but be careful about the added gratuity charge on the bill....

Been to Deanie's Seafood? Share your experiences!