“Great Seafood”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Los Angeles
“Great Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

A great seafood restaurant. Nice, casual, and affordable. The food and preparation are always good and never a disappointment. It's a great place to meet up with friends for drinks and dinner.

“Metairie Seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

Stick to the fried seafood, and you will not be disappointed.

“Don't miss Bozo's on your NOLA trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Went to Bozo's on our way in to NOLA b/c we'd read good reviews. ALL TRUE. We started off with excellent raw oysters and moved on to fried catfish, etouffe, and fried shrimp. The catfish is extraordinary. Perfectly, perfectly fried. Not a hint of grease in any of this food. I don't have anything more to say. It was great.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ghengiscon
Austin, Texas
“Don't go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

I was in town from Austin and was looking forward to a good poboy. Hadn't been to Bozo's in 20 years. It was just my son and I.

Problem #1 - They removed roast beef poboys from the menu. When asked why, my waiter said they weren't selling, so they went completely to seafood. Can't sell them? I should've figured something was wrong right then and walked out.

Problem #2 - It took 25 minutes for our order to arrive. Waiter never once asked me for a water refill. (I had ordered water because I thought paying $2.50 for a soft drink was a bit too much.)

Problem #3 - I had the oyster poboy. Bread was acceptable, but the oyster meal was slightly burned and mealy. Too much batter and not enough oyster.

Problem #4 - Got the bill. For two poboys, one drink and a glass of water - $29.50. Was really pissed that the bill included $.75 for lettuce and tomatoes on each of our sandwiches. They ask if you want your sandwich dressed, but don't tell you there is a cost involved.

Bottom line is I'm never going back and would not recommend this place to anyone again. Really, really disappointed and angry.

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank rjncjn01
new orleans
“Best broiled stuffed shrimp!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Sat at the bar and learned the history behind this very old restaurant which started in town and the treat was meeting Bozo himself. The 83 year old man and his wife who still come in to check on things.The service was great. The beer was cold and the stuffed broiled shrimp
was delicious!