“Great neighborhood gem!”
Review of Cafe b

Cafe b
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe b is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 519 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Labarre Road
Description: Chef Michael Uddo's menu of elevated neighborhood cuisine evokes a New American bistro crossed with a gastro pub. Refining the most beloved comfort foods, Chef Michael brings the familiar to a whole new level of goodness. Chicken Pot Pie is made with local, specialty vegetables, fresh herbs, and the most amazing puff pastry. Macaroni and Cheese features three specialty artisan cheeses, and the café b Burger features a proprietary, delicious house grind of short rib and sirloin. Naturally the menu is infused with New Orleans favorites from crawfish to crab...
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are new to the area, so we have been trying new restaurants weekly. This is one we will put on a rotation! The restaurant is located in a small strip in "old Metairie". Be on the look out because if you aren't paying attention, you'll miss it and you do not want to do that! We took some suggestions from our waiter regarding appetizer, but decided to go with my gut and order the amberjack for dinner. Um. This is an amazing dish. The fish was meaty and paired excellently with sautéed mushrooms and charred onion. It was perfection on my plate! Oh - I almost forgot about the crab beignets and croissants as appetizers - sooo good! Cafe B has a great wine list and a fully stocked bar. This is a great place for date night or dinner with a group of friends!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had business in Metairie and wanted to find a close place to eat, so decided to give it a try. We may have just gotten lucky after reading the previous posts. We were seated at a table next to Ralph Brennan himself and the chef who were tasting dishes and taking notes, but the food was outstanding. I had the Gulf Fish with Balsamic, spaghetti squash and grilled zucchini. I opted to add jumbo lump crabmeat. I think it was truly one of the best things I have eaten in a long time. Perfectly cooked redfish, delicious light sauce, lots of buttery spaghetti squash and a good amout of jumbo lump crabmeat. It was so good, that I broke my diet and had dessert which was also delicous! My friend got the salmon salad and loved it. The restaurant is in a little strip mall looking place so I was skeptical. But I would go back. It was really good. Probably for lunch again. If I lived nearby, it would become my neighborhood restaurant :) since they have what they call, Get Fit with Ralph Spa Plate options. I really appreciate being able to get delicious food that is low cal/low carb. A rarity!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've eaten at most restaurants in town and was looking for someplace new (for me) and liked the sound of the menu at Cafe B. Sadly, I think the menu would have tasted better than my dinner. I don't think I've eaten food that was so poorly seasoned in any New Orleans restaurant. It needed salt it needed heat it was just not tasty.

It's crawfish season and they were celebrating the season with a Crawfish fete. I ordered the egplant crawfish napoleon. Looked great, came out cooked well and on the warm side of hot. But, no seasoning...I asked my waiter for some cayenne (he brought cajun seasoning), but I could not salvage the unspiced dish. Shameful.

My main course was Crawfish Pot Pie which shockingly was also devoid of spice and frankly devoid of crawfish... The really funny part is that the savory crust was actually spiced! Another swing and a whiff...

Service was OK. I was at the bar and the bartender/server kept calling me, "Bud". How's your drink, Bud? How's your food tasting, Bud? I ate 6lbs of crawfish before work and I am sick of crawfish, Bud! Guess they ran out of bar stock and he left for a while and I flagged someone down to take my order...at least she didn't call me, Bud.

I asked twice about a special and was told there wan't one. As it happens, they do have a Pre-Sunset menu. Perhaps they don't serve that at the bar.

For $51.66 (starter, entree and 2 drinks) this was an overpriced lousy experience. UGH

1  Thank Jeff_Wendorff
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely neighborhood spot. We has an absolutely delicious dinner from the wedge salad through the imaginative desserts. We grazed through fish, pasta, hangar steak, oysters and a very knowledgable staff took us through the wines to match. Its not nearly as crowded a place as it ought to be. Hurry before that changes.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very nice looking interior and friendly service. There are several appetizers worth sharing and some good mixed drink choices. Our entrees (one fish and one meat) were both well prepared with fresh vegetables and tasty sides. Worth a visit for a special occasion.