“Fabulous”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Don't let the location and spartan setting fool you. I was visiting on business from Reston, VA, and was going to have dinner at another spot. Then, I saw the great reviews on Chef Ron's and decided to check it out. I was looking for a great "local food" experience, and this exceeded all expectations. Seafood gumbo, crawfish etouffee,' and red beans/sausage/rice were lights-out fantastic. Chef Ron walks around and chats with the guests and asks if the food is meeting your expectations - great personal touch. Great food and service, great staff, and Chef Ron is the bomb. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I ordered the shrimp etouffee with a side of Jambalaya while my friend ordered seafood gumbo with a side of jambalaya. We are both picky about the food we eat and I must tell you that we were thoroughly impressed with the flavor, quality and quantity of the food we ate. The food was so good, I was knocked out for 4 hours afterwards. I will definitely go back to Chef Ron's restaurant and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to try authentic New Orleans Food. The service was also GREAT!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I wanted Good New Orleans food & we got it here. Chef Ron was awesome. We ordered Boudin Balls, Gumbo & Oyster Po Boy. Chef Ron checks on you to make sure everything is perfect. This is what you want when you eat out.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ate here as it was close to our hotel. The food was really good. After visiting New Orleans many times I've learned that the food in the French quarter can be hit or miss. So we decided to find a place close to our hotel. Chef Ron's was good, good ,good. Red beans and rice were velvety and smooth. I wish I could cook this good. The potato salad was delectable. I wish he would give recipes.
There were five of us and we all had different dishes. The bread with the Po-boy was just as it should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The Torpedo's bread was hard and not very good. If you want a sandwich stick with the Po-boy.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Came here because of all the great TripAdvisor reviews, no let down here. The seafood Gumbo was delicious. Chief Ron and the waitress (sorry I forgot her name) were so friendly. Small and quaint. Chef Ron came to our table and chatted with us the menu selections were great had a hard time choosing but went for the award winning Gumbo and it was fantastic.