“Don't wear a black shirt”
Review of Cafe Du Monde

Cafe Du Monde
Ranked #9 of 516 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American
Description: it is a new restaurant
Description: it is a new restaurant
Kirkland, Illinois
“Don't wear a black shirt”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time eating beignets. I wasn't sure what to expect but the beignets were very good. My dad had a black t-shirt which wasn't a great idea but it made for some funny pictures.
I wonder how much powdered sugar they go through in one day.....haha.
We ordered 2 orders of beignets and chocolate milk which made for a good breakfast.

Visited December 2013

Houston, Texas
“"Just As Good"”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

First time visitors to New Orleans should definitely visit the French Quarter location. The experience is quite nice. However, if you simply want coffee please try the Metairie location. The Cafe au Lait and beignets are exactly the same in Metairie as they are at the French Quarter location minus, the walking, looking for parking and the possibility of having to wait for a table.

• Visited December 2013
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the beignets, so fresh and good. The cafe au lait was a perfect mix of steamed milk and chicory coffee. What a New Orleans staple, loved it.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Just as good as Original”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place has everything that the famous Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter has except the charm. The beignets are just as good as is the coffee and other drinks you may want. I usually go for the frozen Cafe au Lait, which is great at both places.

As I said, the only thing missing is the charm and history of the original place in the French Quarter. With that being said, this place is easier to get to if you are not in the Quarter and out and about on Veterans Blvd.

• Visited October 2013
Pensacola
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Soooo...I've been wanting to go to Café Du Monde for MONTHS! Got there and it definitely wasn't what I thought it would/should be. I went to the location on Veteran's in New Orleans. It was good, but I expected better. Guess when I return next month I'll be going to the one in Downtown New Orleans...the original.

Visited August 2013

Been to Cafe Du Monde? Share your experiences!