“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InTown Suites Metairie Extended Stay

You added InTown Suites Metairie Extended Stay to your Saves list
InTown Suites Metairie Extended Stay
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4409 Hearst Street, Metairie, LA 70001 (Formerly Metairie Extended Stay Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Weekly Rates
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Menands, New York
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Based on a two-star rating, we got what we expected and got nothing less or more. It is an extended stay room, so it had a kitchenette but no room service unless your stay was long. It was clean but in a neighborhood that wasn't very attractive. The front desk lady was nice but her friend visiting her was nicer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Roanoke, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here in March 2013. Were a little worried with the mixed reviews I read on here.but I was very pleasantly surprised. We stayed 3 nights and had a chihuahua with us. Check in was a breeze, the lady at the front desk was very nice and informative about where to eat, which route was the easiest. We told her our dog had heart trouble and this was his last trip, she was very sympathetic and friendly to us and Kaos. We were located 15 minutes from the French Quarter and Garden District. The room was very clean and it had everything we needed, fridge, stove top, microwave, coffee pot and a small dinning room table and chairs, plenty of towels, great hot water in the bathroom, ac that worked great, , queen size bed, and a chair and ottoman.. It had wifi that worked well. I felt secure when I walked kaos in the morning and at night. No, this isn't a 5 star hotel with room service, but for two people and a dog, it was a great place with friendly people, at a great price, and we'll be happy to stay here again when we come back to NOLA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My fiance and i got to new orleans expecting to go to a different hotel and then some of our friend told us to stay in the Metairie area because it was nicer, safer, and things were a lot closer; so we did, and we found this hotel. The lady at the front desk couldn't have been nicer she even gave us a discount because we were staying 4 nights. The room was big and had all the accessories you want in a hotel room (refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, lots of towels, coffee pot, TV, extra blanket, lots of light, etc...) The a/c even worked great. The room we were in came with a kitchenette which was great since we were staying 4 nights. Also there was not a lot of outside noise and the room was SO clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who stays in New Orleans!! The restaurants around here were good but I would most definitely recommend going to Bourbon to eat.

Room Tip: If there are 2 of you the Queen room will do perfect, there is no pool on property.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We changed rooms THREE times before we even got something decent. In the first room they gave us the shower had no hot water. We got there on a Saturday afternoon after driving over a thousand miles and then we had to wait until Monday After 3pm to actually get it fixed or move to another room. Monday comes along and we have to wait until 3:30 pm and then we get moved to the third floor and now we have hot water in the shower but now the toilet will not flush. The handyman came and told us we could leave and come back later so we left after waiting for him to fix it for a half hour. We came back@7pm and the toilet still would not flush. The handyman actually left us a plunger, and even with the plunger the toilet still overflowed. We went down to the lobby (thank God the kids were still with their MawMaw and PawPaw) and had to wait in line another half hour. Finally we were moved to another room on the first floor. The shower only got to lukewarm but we took it. Then I go to change the roll on the toilet paper holder and I see a brown smudge on one end of the toilet paper holder. Yes, I decided to smell it and low and behold it smelt like rat poop. The best part you won't believe: I saw something in the toilet paper holder and low and behold, there was a piece of rat poop INSIDE THE TOILET PAPER HOLDER! I told the woman @ the front desk and they did not look concerned. Oh, and did I mention we saw JP detectives (Jeff Parish police dept) here almost EVERY night of our stay. Oh, and as we were leaving apparently we OWED them one night stay because we stayed over the weekly rate. OUTRAGEOUS! This place is a DUMP. Stay Away!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 504MomTo2
Madison, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This is more of an extended stay hotel than a regular hotel. I'm always looking for a deal & got one on Hotwire. My business partner & I stayed for two nights. It was being remodeled at the time. It was close to the health care providers we were calling on. We saved money by cooking in room. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
SunSuitesMetairie, General Manager at InTown Suites Metairie Extended Stay, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you fo taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We value your feedback immensely and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything further I can do to help you with reservations here or at any of our sister hotels.

Jacqueline Benton
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I travel to NOLA every couple of months for a weekend of fun and games, sightseeing, etc.

I only use my hotel rooms to sleep and leave my weekend bag. I leave the hotel at 8 - 9 AM for sightseeing and only come back in the afternoon to nap and change for Bourbon Street then back again after fun and games. I agree this place has seen better days, however since I have a special needs diet, it is nice for me to have a fridge and stove in the room so I can bring / shop for my own groceries and cook my own food. I was surprised to find out that 2 - 3 days stay does not include room service, but I know that for next time.

The place was clean, staff was VERY friendly and accommodating, location easy to find, the price just right ($65.00 per night) for someone in a budget like me. I would much rather spend my $$$ on souvenirs and other entertainments than on a fancy hotel room.

The parking lot is very well lit and safe.

I have already booked my next stay.

Room Tip: Bring your own pots and pans.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback- we are a value priced hotel, and we are always striving to give our guests the very best experience we can. Please feel free contact me personally to discuss a future visit. We look forward to serving you when your return to the "Big Easy."

Jacqueline Benton