“Business in Louisiana”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed September 29, 2012

While on business in Louisiana, I stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites. The price was reasonable for one night, $100.00. I took advantage of the free internet to make sure my meetings were ready and times were set. The staff helped with the bags, and was very helpful in helping with taxis. The fitness center was wonderful after a day of stressful meetings. The room was clean and the bathroom much larger than I expected, a nice change. I did find a little place that served beignets and great coffee called the Café Du Monde.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

To Our Valued Guest,
Our team are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with Sleep Inn & Suites in Metairie. We strive for excellence in all that we do.We are happy to know you were comfortable and enjoyed the famous beignet's of New Orleans.We hope to see you on your return trip to New Orleans

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This property was the second leg of our stay in New Orleans for the AARP Convention. After moving out of the Crown Plaza, we ended up here. Not bad for a night's stay. Right on the I-10 frontage road W in Metairie. It's a little difficult to get to on the first try because there is a need for a large entrance sign. If you don't know where it is, you may pass it up the first time. Friendly staff, clean rooms; micro wave, refrig, and a personal safe in room. There were 4 of us on this trip, so when reservations were made, the only available rooms were king/with sofa beds. I got the sofa bed. Use to have one at home. Not bad for one night.

Room Tip: Stayed on 3rd floor. No problems. Didn't stay for complimentary breakfast. Wanted beignets from...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

To Our Valued Guest,
Our Team remembers you ladies so well. Thanks for the nice review! We are so thankful we could provide such great amenities for you in your room. Along with the cleanliness we want our entire guest to feel like they’re at their home away from home. We hope to see you all again on your return trip to New Orleans
Thanks again.
Cindy Bishop

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our family stayed at the Sleep Inn for three nights when we came to the New Orleans area to take our daughter to college. We chose this property because they offered a room with a pull-out sofa for our daughter, at a very reasonable price. Although the property is on an access road off the highway (not the most scenic of locations) it is very conveniently located for shopping and jumping on the highway into the city.

The room was very nicely appointed, had an excellent bed, and the staff was spectacular. When our car was flooded in a downpour one day, the staff brought out a wet-vac and helped my husband extract water from the rugs. They repeated this two additional times, with absolutely no complaining. When the hotel's wifi went down on the morning we needed information to check our daughter into her room on campus, the desk staff printed out all the information we needed and cheerfully offered advice on the best roads to take onto campus. The housekeeping staff were similarly friendly.

Additionally, the breakfast was quite good as well. We got a great price for the room, and we felt well cared for. We highly recommend this hotel!

To Our Valued guest;
Thanks so much for your wonderful Reveiw of our staff and Hotel.We as a Team are proud to make sure we have gone above and beyond in all guest area's because we strive for excellence in all that we do for our guest. We hope to see you on your return trip to New Orleans
Thanks Again
Heidi Hutton & Cindy Bishop

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Sleep Inn is a great place to stay. Rooms are big an bright, staff are beyond friendly an helpful, and the hotel has some decent amenities. While there is no pool, the hotel has FAST Internet, cheap laundry, and make your own waffle breakfast, plus eggs and sausage. Free coffee in the lobby all day, and warm fresh baked cookies at the front desk every afternoon at 530. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of our Sleep Inn & Suites!

We strive for excellence in all that we do.

While we don't have a pool on site, we are partnered with the Jefferson YMCA and give out complimentary passes to their swimming pool. On your return trip, just ask the front desk agent for your passes.

Thank you again for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie!

Heidi Hutton
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Check in was fast and room was ready to go. Hotel is small and yes the reviews on the parking are true, it is a small parking space. The rooms where clean, not sparkling but ok. The beds where comfortable, made it threw the night. Front Lobby has cookies and coffee. They offer breakfast with eggs, sausage, breads, waffles, pastries, cereals..it was good we all enjoyed it. Breakfast room is small and can get tight in there depending on how many people are there. Location is about 12 minutes from New Orleans, right next to highway but you cant hear the traffic, and across the street from mall and plenty of restaurants and some bars...Hotel books up pretty fast, especially the non smoking rooms...For the price we paid it was good...no complaints here.

Room Tip: The smoking floor sure was muggy as soon as you get off the elevator you smell it...

To Our Valued Guest,
Our Team is happy that we could accommodate your every need! Our goal is to make every Guest feel like they are at their “Home Away From Home” We would love to have you stay with us again at the Sleep Inn & Suites Metairie on your return trip to New Orleans
Thanks
Heidi Hutton & Cindy Bishop
Asst. GM's

Reviewed August 22, 2012

So close to New Orleans and not the big price. This is a very nice Hotel for the price range.
Provides hot coffee and cookies for guest. Also provides a decent breakfast.
Rooms are clean and staff is very friendly.
Only issue I have is with the parking. Very few spaces available by the hotel. We had to park in the bank parking lot next door. But overall a good stay for our one night there. On a side note Cafe Du Monde is one block away if you are not wanting to go downtown to the original one. Also a very good place to eat not far from the hotel is Deanies Seafood. Yummy Food!

1  Thank rainew
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at Sleep Inn & Suites on two (2) separate occasions. August 4-9, and August 11-15, 2012.

Management, Front Desk, & Housekeeping staff were extremely courteous and very helpful in making my stay comfortable. Felt very welcome both times. They went out of their way to make my stay a pleasurable & hassle-free one (1). The 2nd time that I checked in, I was called by my first name everyday. Also, the Welcome Bag for Choice Privileges Members was a nice touch!

The King Suite NS room(s) that I had were exquisite and very spacious. Housekeeping did an outstanding job of keeping the room clean the entire time I was there. Amenities here were top-notch. Parking didn't pose any problem for me, as I am handicapped and those spaces were readily available. I did get blocked in twice while there, but Management came outside and turned car around for me. Both times, I requested a ground floor room and my request was honored without hesitation. In fact, I stayed in the same room.

One (1) of the special highlights of my trip, were the many times I went down to The French Quarter. The hotel is in close proximity to the French Quarter, as well as various & numerous shopping centers. I was also pleased that the Cafe Du Monde Coffee Stand serving Cafe Au Lait & Beignets was within walking distance of the hotel. I felt very safe & secure at this Metairie location.

In closing, I would definitely recommend Sleep Inn & Suites. To me, this is a 5-star property in all categories. I look forward to staying here when I go to New Orleans next summer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
Homewood Suites by Hilton Metairie New Orleans

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!