“Decent Hotel”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Sleep Inn is a great place to stay. Rooms are big an bright, staff are beyond friendly an helpful, and the hotel has some decent amenities. While there is no pool, the hotel has FAST Internet, cheap laundry, and make your own waffle breakfast, plus eggs and sausage. Free coffee in the lobby all day, and warm fresh baked cookies at the front desk every afternoon at 530. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of our Sleep Inn & Suites!

We strive for excellence in all that we do.

While we don't have a pool on site, we are partnered with the Jefferson YMCA and give out complimentary passes to their swimming pool. On your return trip, just ask the front desk agent for your passes.

Thank you again for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Check in was fast and room was ready to go. Hotel is small and yes the reviews on the parking are true, it is a small parking space. The rooms where clean, not sparkling but ok. The beds where comfortable, made it threw the night. Front Lobby has cookies and coffee. They offer breakfast with eggs, sausage, breads, waffles, pastries, cereals..it was good we all enjoyed it. Breakfast room is small and can get tight in there depending on how many people are there. Location is about 12 minutes from New Orleans, right next to highway but you cant hear the traffic, and across the street from mall and plenty of restaurants and some bars...Hotel books up pretty fast, especially the non smoking rooms...For the price we paid it was good...no complaints here.

Room Tip: The smoking floor sure was muggy as soon as you get off the elevator you smell it...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

To Our Valued Guest,
Our Team is happy that we could accommodate your every need! Our goal is to make every Guest feel like they are at their “Home Away From Home” We would love to have you stay with us again at the Sleep Inn & Suites Metairie on your return trip to New Orleans
Thanks
Heidi Hutton & Cindy Bishop
Asst. GM's

Reviewed August 22, 2012

So close to New Orleans and not the big price. This is a very nice Hotel for the price range.
Provides hot coffee and cookies for guest. Also provides a decent breakfast.
Rooms are clean and staff is very friendly.
Only issue I have is with the parking. Very few spaces available by the hotel. We had to park in the bank parking lot next door. But overall a good stay for our one night there. On a side note Cafe Du Monde is one block away if you are not wanting to go downtown to the original one. Also a very good place to eat not far from the hotel is Deanies Seafood. Yummy Food!

1  Thank rainew
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at Sleep Inn & Suites on two (2) separate occasions. August 4-9, and August 11-15, 2012.

Management, Front Desk, & Housekeeping staff were extremely courteous and very helpful in making my stay comfortable. Felt very welcome both times. They went out of their way to make my stay a pleasurable & hassle-free one (1). The 2nd time that I checked in, I was called by my first name everyday. Also, the Welcome Bag for Choice Privileges Members was a nice touch!

The King Suite NS room(s) that I had were exquisite and very spacious. Housekeeping did an outstanding job of keeping the room clean the entire time I was there. Amenities here were top-notch. Parking didn't pose any problem for me, as I am handicapped and those spaces were readily available. I did get blocked in twice while there, but Management came outside and turned car around for me. Both times, I requested a ground floor room and my request was honored without hesitation. In fact, I stayed in the same room.

One (1) of the special highlights of my trip, were the many times I went down to The French Quarter. The hotel is in close proximity to the French Quarter, as well as various & numerous shopping centers. I was also pleased that the Cafe Du Monde Coffee Stand serving Cafe Au Lait & Beignets was within walking distance of the hotel. I felt very safe & secure at this Metairie location.

In closing, I would definitely recommend Sleep Inn & Suites. To me, this is a 5-star property in all categories. I look forward to staying here when I go to New Orleans next summer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just like everyone else my first issue was locating the hotel with the GPS. We figured it out pretty quickly though, when we arrived check in was smooth. One elevator was a little annoying and you had to wait a few minutes at times. We stayed 3 nights and we did not wake up early enough to make it to breakfast. The housekeeping staff did come a little early as a result we were only given new towels daily. The parking lot was always full when we would come back but we had no problems parking in the parking garage up the block. Overall we had a good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Because of your review, I have spoken with the Housekeeping Supervisor and her team to make sure that stayover rooms are cleaned later in the day so that all guests are able to sleep in while on vacation.

We hope to see you again soon! Take care!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and had a great time. I decided to book this hotel based on the great value, and it's close proximity to New Orleans. We went to N.O. daily, and the trip there was so easy. The only minor issue we had was the light switch that turns on the light over the sink had to be turned on and off a few times to get the light to turn on. Obviously it didn't bother us much, because I forgot to ever mention it to the staff. Upon arriving, the lady at the desk got out a treasure chest filled with little toys and puzzles and let my daughter pick something. We were impressed. Parking was not an issue at all. The breakfast was good, but crowded. We only managed to make it in time one morning because breakfast is over at 9, and we were so tired we slept until 9 or 9:30 everyday. I read in other reviews that there are plans to expand the breakfast area, and I'm glad for that. I also think they need at least one or two more waffle makers since that seems to be the most popular breakfast item. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The mini fridge came in really handy since we brought drinks with us to cut down on cost. Loved the flat screen tv, it was just like being at home. The only real concern I had was that the window of our room opened without a whole lot of effort. Since we were on the 5th floor, I was a bit nervous. I'm glad we could've opened it in the event of an emergency, but I think this is the only hotel I've seen where the windows open. Oh, and I saw they had fresh cookies nightly, but only oatmeal raisin, eeeww! :-).....would we stay again? In a heartbeat....just make sure you put Utica street in your GPS to get there so your husband doesn't whip your car in there in a very NASCARish fashion after seeing the right service road at the last minute.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LouisianaMama

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We work very hard to provide excellent guest service and nice, clean rooms. It's very rewarding to receive this type of positive feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area. Take care!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

On our return trip from Destin, FL, my daughters/granddaughters/friend and I stopped in Metarie. I choose Sleep Inn/Suites because they had a room that would accomodate 6 people with two queen beds and sleepter sofa for the younger kids. The room was quite large and the beds were comfortable. We are extremely allergic to cigarette smoke so I specifically asked for a NON SMOKING ROOM. The room was evidentaly made a non smoking room for our reservation because no amount of room deodorizer (and a lot had been sprayed) could cover up the smoke smell. I didn't complain to the front desk because we were tired so we prayed that we would be okay for the night. We were for the most part the next morning (just nasal stuffiness and irritated eyes and the kids didn't develop a cough). We had just spent 4 nights in a high tourist volume hotel in Destin so I had a hotel to compare the Sleep Inn too. The front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly and nice at both hotels. When I asked for non-smoking roomin Destin that's what we got but at the Sleep Inn, it was a camoflaged smoking room. (Uck, Uck!!)The Destin hotel bathroom floors, room and hall carpet and elevator floors were much cleaner and better kept than the Sleep Inn. I thought the welcome bag given at the Sleep Inn to Choice members was very thoughtful. If I make a reservation at this Sleep Inn again, the reservations personnel would have to assure me that I would be in a dedicated NON SMOKING ROOM.

Room Tip: If you need a non smoking room, confirm and reconfirm that this is what you're going to get. St...
1  Thank jcharj105

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your hotel room. I would like to apologize for your family being placed in a smoking room when you had requested non-smoking. I have spoken with all of our Front Desk Agents as well as our Housekeeping Supervisor to assure this does not happen again.

Thank you for the great review you have given our staff. We work very hard to make sure each guest has a plesant stay at our hotel. Again I apologize for the smoking room you received.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love for you to stay with again next time you are in the area so we can show you what a wonderful hotel we have.

Asst. General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
Homewood Suites by Hilton Metairie New Orleans

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!