Hampton Inn Metairie
ExtendedStay
$94
$129
Homewood
Sleep Inn & Suites(Metairie)(Great Value!)
$71
$93
$93
$61
Groupon.com
All reviewsnew orleansparking garagefrench quarterfree shuttlecauseway blvdroom was cleaneasy accessacme oyster houseshuttle servicebusiness tripstaff was friendlywould stay here againcomplimentary breakfastnice stayconvenient locationfront desk staffwaffles
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Other than doors slamming in the night, my stay was a clean, friendly and a pleasant experience. Rooms were clean, with cleaning staff & front desk staff being friendly and helpful. The breakfast was what you would expect at a hotel. I would stay here again. and plan on it next year for MARDI GRAS!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here the week after Mardi Gras. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. Considering that it was right next to the Causeway Blvd., it was relatively quiet. It was very easy to get from the hotel to everything we wanted to see in New Orleans. The only problems were that the air conditioning did not work well enough and our room was very warm at night, and the bed was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Located 15 minutes from downtown, Hampton Inn (Hilton) Metairie offered me and my wife a nice surprise for a last-minute reservation. We spent 3 day in that hotel for the Mardi Gras festivities and we enjoyed a very clean non-smoking room, good TV, coffe maker, refrigerator. The room was very quiet even the hotel is next to a highway bridge. The breakfast was good and the parking (free) excellent. The personnel was nice and made us feel comfortable. For the future we'll make a reservation for the same hotel during Mardi Gras. Few parades are just hundreds of feet away from that hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel for a soccer tourney. The rooms were clean, but the hotel is somewhat difficult to get to. Lots of construction going on and traffic. Staff was nice. The area around the hotel is in the downtown part of the city so don't expect any grass/walking paths/nice fountains.

My only issues were that the breakfast bar was empty when I came down with 30 minutes still remaining for breakfast. Also, the area around the hotel doesn't feel very safe - particularly at night. Second floor ramp flooded at the entrance when it rained. Overall the stay was good and the rooms comfortable and spacious.

Room Tip: Get room away from highway traffic
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hampton's, in my opinion, are very consistent and that is why I like to stay at a Hampton when I must reduce my business cost or travel personally and want to save my money for other things besides a room. This Hampton was no different in comfort of bed, cleanliness of room, temperature control and free breakfast. All of those things were very good, very Hampton and vaery consistent. The free shuttle to the airport was very nice and runs every hour on the hour, but reservations should be made the night before leaving, especially if leaving early in the morning. The location to the airport and main arteries going into downtown New Orleans is very convenient. The reason I rated it a three instead of higher, which I typically do for Hampton Inns is the fact my home alarm did not go off the day before and I almost missed my flight to New Orleans. I didn't want that to happen again, so I called the desk and asked for a 5:00 am wake up call. The young lady told me she was entering that call right then and I was "all set". The next morning, fortunately, I awakened at 4:50 and decided to just get out of bed. The phone never rang, so I was very fortunate I did not oversleep. The hotel needs a little outside renovation, but the buttresses from the interstate might just overshadow any updates or attempts to make this property more appealing. If you do not want to go for a run, walk outside, or use the outdoors while at this property it is a fine, economical, and great location choice. If the outdoors is your passion and you like to walk or run, I wouldn't recommend this property; otherwise, it is consistent with the Hampton Inn brand.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business