“Very clean hotel, good breakfast, good parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Metairie

Hampton Inn Metairie
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Round Lake, Illinois
“Very clean hotel, good breakfast, good parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Located 15 minutes from downtown, Hampton Inn (Hilton) Metairie offered me and my wife a nice surprise for a last-minute reservation. We spent 3 day in that hotel for the Mardi Gras festivities and we enjoyed a very clean non-smoking room, good TV, coffe maker, refrigerator. The room was very quiet even the hotel is next to a highway bridge. The breakfast was good and the parking (free) excellent. The personnel was nice and made us feel comfortable. For the future we'll make a reservation for the same hotel during Mardi Gras. Few parades are just hundreds of feet away from that hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hattiesburg,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel for a soccer tourney. The rooms were clean, but the hotel is somewhat difficult to get to. Lots of construction going on and traffic. Staff was nice. The area around the hotel is in the downtown part of the city so don't expect any grass/walking paths/nice fountains.

My only issues were that the breakfast bar was empty when I came down with 30 minutes still remaining for breakfast. Also, the area around the hotel doesn't feel very safe - particularly at night. Second floor ramp flooded at the entrance when it rained. Overall the stay was good and the rooms comfortable and spacious.

Room Tip: Get room away from highway traffic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Smith, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hampton's, in my opinion, are very consistent and that is why I like to stay at a Hampton when I must reduce my business cost or travel personally and want to save my money for other things besides a room. This Hampton was no different in comfort of bed, cleanliness of room, temperature control and free breakfast. All of those things were very good, very Hampton and vaery consistent. The free shuttle to the airport was very nice and runs every hour on the hour, but reservations should be made the night before leaving, especially if leaving early in the morning. The location to the airport and main arteries going into downtown New Orleans is very convenient. The reason I rated it a three instead of higher, which I typically do for Hampton Inns is the fact my home alarm did not go off the day before and I almost missed my flight to New Orleans. I didn't want that to happen again, so I called the desk and asked for a 5:00 am wake up call. The young lady told me she was entering that call right then and I was "all set". The next morning, fortunately, I awakened at 4:50 and decided to just get out of bed. The phone never rang, so I was very fortunate I did not oversleep. The hotel needs a little outside renovation, but the buttresses from the interstate might just overshadow any updates or attempts to make this property more appealing. If you do not want to go for a run, walk outside, or use the outdoors while at this property it is a fine, economical, and great location choice. If the outdoors is your passion and you like to walk or run, I wouldn't recommend this property; otherwise, it is consistent with the Hampton Inn brand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ruskin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Lobby under construction and rooms need updating. As a hilton honors diamond member that travels every week I am looking for comfort and a great business center. Their business center needs improvement as far as technology and internet speed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the Hampton on Friday night to find the hotel under construction. The main breakfast/lounge area was being upgraded as well as the floor in the elevators and main hall. Access to the elevators was restricted and we had to walk outside to the pool entrance to get to it.

The next morning breakfast was served in a small meeting room. As many of the rooms in the hotel where occupied, the meeting room was not large enough to accommodate all the guest. Some took plates of food back to there rooms.

The food itself was the same as most Hampton Inns however there was less selection, with many item not being refilled.

As a Hilton Gold member, I was very unimpressed. The only saving grace was that the hotel had a shuttle to the airport every hour.

Room Tip: Has an Airport shuttle that runs every hour.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Carlos R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Metairie, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am so sorry for the construction issues you had while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.

Again, please accept my apologies and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Really ugly and depressing part of town, but was ok in a pinch and Hampton Inns do tend to be clean. This one was no exception, but I wouldn't stay in this location again if I had a choice. Also be aware that there is construction going on outside the hotel right now. Not sure when that will be finished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Causeway Blvd overpass - you'd have LOTS of traffic whizzing past y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Carlos R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Metairie, responded to this review, January 11, 2013

As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff was helpful and courteous. Delicious breakfast,comfy beds,immaculate rooms. Not far from the French Quarter,but quiet. Free,covered parking was a nice touch.The free local calls were a bonus as well.We would return if we were in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family