“Not bad for a short layover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Metairie

You added Super 8 Metairie to your Saves list
Super 8 Metairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2421 Clearview Pkwy, Metairie, LA 70001 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Houston, United States
“Not bad for a short layover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Somewhat outdated and not everything was perfect with the room but overall it was acceptable. I wasn't expecting a five star hotel and I received what I bargained for. It has three floors and I was fortunate to be on the ground floor without having anyone above me. The a/c worked great and the breakfast was very good. The bathroom and dressing area could use a facelift but for the price, I really couldn't complain. I had issues turning off the shower but I didn’t voice my problem with the hotel staff since I was only there for one night. Very close to the Interstate and conveniently located.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I came with a group of 7 for a weeks's stay. The beds are clean and comfortable. No fear of a nasty mattress. Breakfast included, and I was very pleased with the components of it. The staff is very eager to help. When we first got to our rooms, we had several folks stop by or call just to confirm that we were pleased with the condition of the rooms. The AC worked great too. Pool was fun. It's not far to drive to French Quarter of N.O. for an evening. We even drove an hour to go to a beach in Mississippi one day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tammy L, Director of Sales at Super 8 Metairie, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Brittany B,
Thank you for taking the time to highlight the value and hospitality our property strives everyday to provide. The service you see today took a lot of thought and hard work and your feedback is valuable to us. Our employees take pride in their positions and all feedback is used to reward them accordingly. I'm delighted to hear that your AC was working well as our maintenance department's latest project has been cleaning and changing each AC on the property. I'm glad your group made it to New Orleans and Mississippi safely- sounds like a memorable trip! Thank you for allow us to be a part of it and we look forward to seeing you again!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. Placed in the middle of a commercial area on one side, strip malls on another and busy highway on another. And lucky for us a snow ball shack. It was clean but not well taken care of in some spots. Broken air conditioners and other machinery stored outside by the laundry. Nice pool. There was no cold water. Showers and the water in the toilets hot. Painful to shower. Breakfast a typical hotel breakfast. Shoneys restaurant next to closed for remodeling. Visually not very elegant. BUT I had a room with no carpet, which meant NO febreze or air freshener sprayed (YAY)in the room or dust allergens. The sheets were clean but NO smelly detergents. AND though they used toxic cleaning supplies which from my smell were not watered down like they should be ( i did not let house keeping in again), my room was free from any toxic smell triggering my allergies. The cleaning supplies had worn off by the time I had gotten to the room and in a very rare hotel moment for me, I slept for three nights without getting sick. For me this was the perfect place! I smelled no musty smell from the air conditioner and it rained the entire time I was there and did not smell mold. I smelled cigarette smoke at times, but when I shut the window and turned on the air it was fine. Most people aren't interested in this kind of review, but for those of you who are, and don't mind staying somewhere that is simple (nice tvs and ref rig) ,clean, verging on old school, but a little unkempt this is your place. And ask for a room without carpeting! Some rooms have carpet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
4.5 of 5 stars 490 reviews
Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Causeway
BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Hotel & Suites

Been to Super 8 Metairie? Share your experiences!