“Didn't honor what I reserved”
Review of Super 8 Metairie

Super 8 Metairie
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I called the property direct and reserved two rooms. One for us and one for another couple. I asked if we could pay for them separately when we arrived and she said yes. I reserved 2 king non-smoking which were available.
When we arrived, they had already charged my card for both rooms. They also said we had double beds instead of king. They said they were near capacity and didn't have any kings left, even though I had reserved two. She said they could refund my money, but that was it. She knew all the other hotels were full and she had me.
Room itself was dated, but pretty clean. Breakfast was gone when I got there ten minutes before closing except for packaged danish. Our friends coffee maker had old moldy coffee grounds still in it.
Stay there only if you have no other option. Very expensive rate for what you got.

1  Thank Greg W

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Comfortable and clean. Good price and hot waffles for breakfast were tasty. We were surprised to have both a fridge and microwave in the room. My only criticism was that the walls ere thin and we could hear others outside and some next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Adele S
Reviewed March 27, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank TomGulfBreeze
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed there for a week and on the second day of my stay the housekeeper left the room door open, so when I got to the hotel the door was wide open since I don't what time... The day I checked out I left my sunglasses on the bed and when I called back to see if the housekeeper had turned them in, they kept telling me to call back every two hours for three days and everytime I called back I had to explain the whole thing again and give the whole story and the discription of the glasses. I had a feeling that my Ray bans that cost $160 where never going to be turned in by the housekeeper. My over all expericed was bad at this hotel, please do not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank KRMNS
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at Super 8 Metarie, LA while we were attending a basketball tournament. Our room was not cleaned for two days-no clean towels, wastebaskets emptied, etc. Not an enjoyable experience. Motel was close to two bars so it was noisy on the weekend.

2  Thank Neil M
Reviewed March 17, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We really enjoyed staying at the Super 8 in Metairie. The room was clean, the staff was wonderful and extremely friendly. The taxi drivers all told us that it was a safe area to be in and we didnt have any issues or concerns while we were there. It was very close to everything and since we took a taxi to the Mardi Gras festivities is was close enough that it didnt break our pocketbooks to get back and forth. We will stay there again for sure!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends