“good place to stay for the price”

Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My husband and I stay here often. We do drive, and parking is free onsite, unlike many other places closer to the city. Very close to a mall and Veterans Blvd which has several restaurants and shopping. The rooms have always been clean. The last two times we stayed the tv remote was broken in the fitness center, so you have to watch news while working out. and maybe they will get that fixed, that was the only thing we found wrong with our stays.
We have brought our teenage daughter with us, when going to Saints games, and it's been fine, safe and clean. Nice pool and bar/restaurant attached. Never tried that, but the IHOP which is connected is good for breakfast or late night supper. after a night in town.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jubo1

Reviewed April 11, 2010

Pleasant stay at a reasonable rate. If you're going into town you really should have a car as public transportation this far out is pricy. Room was comfortable and as advertised. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Rooms come with microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, alarm clock, iron/ironing board, safe, hair dryer, soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. They have the most comfortable pillows ever! Each room also has a sliding glass door which is very nice if you want to open up and get some fresh air. They have free high speed internet (we had problems connecting so we used the business center which had two computers for hotel guests). This hotel also has a very small fitness room, Derby lounge and IHOP is attached. No free breakfast is offered :-( . If you book this hotel through the Days Inn website----4 adults can stay for $59.49 a night plus tax. What a deal!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
JennyKuhl, General Manager at Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Days Hotel in Metairie. We take pride in the quality of our property and our service, as we try to maintain the highest standards in a competitive industry. I appreciate the time and effort that you have put into writing this letter. These comments uplift the morale of the entire staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I booked online - buyer beware! It was a web promo that apparently was non refundable unbeknownst to me. Tried to cancel later due to change in plans and was told "sorry you cannot". This despite the fact that it was 2 months in advance of my stay, and on a Jazzfest weekend - translation: easy for them to re sell the room! But no, despite voicemail to General Manager and e-mail to corporate - neither had the courtesy to reply. Very disappointed. Would have cost them nothing to be nice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isabelly88
JennyKuhl, General Manager at Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

I apologize that this guest may not have understood the policies of booking our "Buy Now & Save" promotion. This promotion has a 15% discount off of the best available rate that is prepaid and nonrefundable at the time of the reservation. You can not book this discount without accepting these policies by selecting that you have read the terms and conditions which are as follows:
All reservations made at the "Buy Now And Save 15% Rate" require a valid credit card to pre-pay for the reservation and any applicable local and state taxes. There will be no credit or refund for early departures,cancellations, no shows, or changes in your reservation for any reason.Guests will not receive any refund or credit. Guest must present credit card used to pay for this reservation at check in. To Book This Reservation:
I understand by selecting this checkbox, I have read and accept the terms and conditions stated on this page.
You must agree to the terms and conditions above before you can submit your reservation.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

I read the reviews and the necessity to have a car to access the location wasn't mentioned. Perhaps because those who reviewed the hotel were driving.

It took a $20 cab ride to get jsut about anywhere. When I needed to buy food and a few basic things, there was nothing in walking distance so I was forced to take a taxi to the nearest mall ($8). The staff was not very sympathetic about my situation either.

On the other hand, if I were to put myself in the position of people who were driving it would be an average hotel and good for the price

The patrons were a mix of families, friends, lovers, and business folk visiting New Orleans and truckers who were driving through. Most people seemed quite nice but there were a few uncouth but harmless people attracted by the bar downstairs (lots of belching and some weird drunks wandering the hall to get to the bathroom. nothing serious).

The staff at the Ihop attached were ALL amazing. If you have any questions about town I would recommend you ask them rather than the hotel staff.

The room itself was ok. It was clean but it did't sparkle. I suggest running water through the coffee maker once before brewing your own pot. The hotel was out of toothpaste and since we were in the middle of nowehere, this presented a real problem for me. Hence the $8 each way cab ride to the mall. Pretty [--] expensive toothpaste. The business centre (two computers with internet) smelled like a sewer. I had no problems with the internet except when there was a pwoer out. This is the one thing I don't blame them for. The block went out.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
JennyKuhl, General Manager at Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2010

We are located in very safe area in the suburbs of New Orleans directly across the highway from Lakeside mall. It is about a $20 cab ride (10 minutes) to get to the French Quarter for some of the world's best restaurants and bars, however we are fortunate to have a 24-hour IHOP restuarant on site as well as the Derby lounge. We have vending machines located on each guestroom floor as well as a gas station & a mini mart located 1 block away. For those guests that are driving, we also offer complimentary parking.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed here because my child goes to JRP acting agency right across the street. It was very convenient. The staff was pleasant. Here are the complaints:

Hard beds, cockroach in bathroom, hairs in tub-not from us, $20 early check-in fee (If a room is ready what is the problem?), IHOP connected to hotel seemed pricey, no instructions located in room on connecting to internet-oldest son went to front desk and came back like 15 minutes later, towels were tiny

Good: TV had a lot of chanels, noise was not an issue, heater worked great but was noisey but I'd rather be comfortable than cold, close to where we had business

I don't think I will stay here again. I am currently booked at Plateau suites right next door. Same price and a lot nicer room.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 11, 2010

The cleaning staff were friendly. Now the bad stuff. VERY rude and unhelpful manageress. As we had tried to book this one online a few hours before arrival, we were not booked in on her system. She would not let us use the internet, so we had to spend 20mins in the car on the phone back to the UK to to get someone else to book us in - or pay the walk-up rate of an extra $40. Lift was broken so had to haul all our luggage down the other end of the hotel to use the other lift then right away along the next floor back down the corridor almost opposite the broken lift. The window in the room was TINY and gave a lovely view of the flat roof. We had a noisy A/c unit. And out side on the roof was obviously one of the main A/c fans or something - as we were kept awake but the constant buzzing. Asking the 'Madam' on the desk something simple like could you call us a cab was always responded with a GRUNT. The hotel bar was full of DRUNK men and very unwelcoming. The breakfast was awful - and was served by someone who could not understand English, AND who after agreeing we had settled the bill - WAITED in the hotel lobby for us as she had missed off an Orange juice and charged us $5 as we were trying to leave. And now the small irritating things - COKE machine expensive, too far out of downtown to make it worthwhile staying, parking awful, TV old and flickering, TV remote in-op. I could go on but if you really want to stay in 'FAULTY TOWERS' then book a room today!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ukAmericanTourist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Comfort Suites Harvey
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Metairie New Orleans
Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites

Been to Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!