“Horrible”

Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Metairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Decatur, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for a night and was not very impressed. When we first arrived, the attendant attempted to charge us a price higher than what they had advertised outside. The room itself was about what you would expect out of a run of the mill hotel chain, acceptable to sleep in, nothing impressive. Don't expect a complimentary breakfast either. When you go to the Ihop, your continental breakfast, listed as an inclusive with your hotel package, consists of your choice of a beverage (coffee, tea. orange juice) and your choice of carb (toast, biscuit, etc.) Completely underwhelming and a total sham if you ask me. On my next visit back, I think I'll pay the extra $30 or $40 for a nicer hotel closer to downtown (Which was what I payed for this hotel anyways after cabs, parking and breakfast).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Franklin, Louisiana
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The night desk clerk forgot to give me the voucher for breakfast. I had to ask for it before I went next door to the iHop for breakfast. I had a room right next to the elevator, surprisingly enough, I did not notice the noise. No noise from the machinery and no noise from other guests coming and going. I'll ask for that room again next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

NOBHotelManagement, General Manager at Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Days Hotel New Orleans-Metairie. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay. I apologize for the desk agent forgetting your breakfast voucher. I will definitely remind all desk agents to pay closer attention. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed January 16, 2013

it was nearby everything but the room had an unpleasant odor. not everything looked truly clean. 2 of our 4 nights, the showers were cold. the service wasn't especially nice. i think i saw a mouse. i wouldn't pay as much as i did if i had known and we even got a deal on it. it did have a fridge and microwave like i wanted and the a/c worked but i should've done more reveiwing.

Room Tip: only stay here if you get it dirt cheap or have really low standards for hotels
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. I am familiar with the hot water issue we were having. i want to ensure you this is not common. We were having trouble with our boilers and one of them kept going out. Since the issue we have had all necessary repairs made. We always want to make sure that our guests are happy, in the future please notify us if you are dissatisfied with your room so that we are able to make every effort in accommodating you. Yes, all of our rooms have a fridge, microwave and wireless internet. we hope that you will reconsider on your next stay. I will be happy to assist you personally.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Comfort Suites Harvey
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Causeway

Been to Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!