Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,419 results
All reviewsfrench quarterthe room was nicestaff was friendlyenjoyed my staynice stayminute drivecomplimentary breakfastdowntownnolainterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Yes, the desk staff was rude. Maybe incompetent and poorly trained. We stayed for 4 nights, prepaid. When we checked in, the room type we had requested wasn't available. Strike #1. We were told to check back the next day to see if it was available. Strike #2. If YOU can't provide the room WE paid for, YOU should make the effort to see when it's available and then at least offer to help us move our stuff. None of those things every happened.
HOWEVER, the room was quite comfortable and very clean. Everyone except the desk staff was friendly. We never saw any bugs, the pool area was wonderful. We happened to have a room near the one working elevator, so that wasn't an issue.
Other issues, mainly regarding staff and the hotel website: the site shows breakfast is included. Now, I don't care what kind of breakfast, but if you say it's included, you'd better provide it instead of saying breakfast is under a different rate, so you'll need to see the reservation paperwork to see if you can provide it. NOT acceptable.
The website also shows that guest laundry facilities are available. The map on the room door shows laundry facilities. When you're traveling for 8 days, you NEED laundry facilities. So, back to the front desk, only to be told, nope, we don't have laundry. UGH!
Would I stay there again? Probably, if only because I've had experience at other New Orleans hotels and they aren't any better, but cost much more.

Room Tip: There's a Shoney's right up the street that has a great breakfast buffet everyday!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
3  Thank Wendy N
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

The Days Hotel New Orleans of Metairie thanks this reviewer for commenting on his stay with us. We appreciate the fact that we have earned a return visit from the guest and will continue to build on the relationship that we have established. Please contact Terrence Daniels at 504-833-8201 to make your return reservations.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

rooms were ok, air conditioning was loud. only one elevator is working, This hotel needs some TLC. staff was nice. breakfast coupons only good for toast or cereal and coffee at the IHOP attached to the hotel. some resturants near by if you drive. dont leave anything in your car.

1  Thank don m
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for choosing Days Hotel New Orleans of Metairie for your recent visit to New Orleans. The Days Hotel is conveniently located at the crossroads of I-10 and Causeway Boulevard...minutes from downtown New Orleans and minutes to the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway and the Northshore. While at the Days Hotel, you can shop at nearby Lakeside Mall, enjoy lakefront activities and take advantage of New Orleans nitelife. Please contact Terrance Daniels for return reservations at 504-833-8201.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

There is really nothing wrong with this hotel as the other reviewers would make you believe. Yes, it is old and difficult to get to, and yes, it is New Orleans, so do not expect superb service, but overall you get what you paid for. It is comparable to other Days Inn we have stayed at and for one night it is a regular, uneventful stay. The breakfast is small at the adjacent IHOP and the elevators are not working properly. The lobby has dry and brown shrubs, and the carpets may need some vacuuming. The staff was okay and the check-in/check-out process was smooth. I paid $66.13 for one night, one non-smoking room, and three guests with advance purchase.

Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for choosing Days Hotel New Orleans of Metairie for your recent overnight visit to New Orleans. The Days Hotel family is pleased to provide clean, affordable accomodations located on the interstate frontage road with easy access to the interstate and downtown New Orleans. Please enjoy breakfast at the IHOP restaurant located right off of the lobby. Call Terrance Daniels at 504-833-8201 to make your return reservations.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

After reading many of the reviews that didn't give favorable remarks, I too agree that this isn't the place to stay. I made an attempt to overlook one comment in particular...roaches! Yes I did see a roach in the restroom, not a good look! Will not ever stay here again!!!!

1  Thank STLDiva
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for choosing Days Hotel New Orleans of Metairie for your recent visit to New Orleans. The Days Hotel New Orleans values the input of all of our guest and the Days Hotel family regrets you had a less than excellent experience. The Days Hotel New Orleans must, by law, maintain a pest control program and has regular visits from a pest control professional. Please contact Terrance Daniels at 504-833-8201 for complete satisfaction.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the Days Hotel Metarie in late March of 2012. My experience there was one I will never forget. We arrived at the hotel at about 10PM to check in. The front desk agent was no where to be found. After waiting at the counter for about 10 minutes, a woman came from behind the front desk office to help me. She was chewing her food for most of the check in process. After getting checked in, my brother and I proceeded to go to our room. When we arrived there everything looked fine. A few minutes after being in the room and getting our bags squared away, my brother noticed a red splatter stain on the bed skirt and the wall by the bed which looked like blood to us. It was pretty disgusting. We weren't sure what it was nor did we want to find out. We called down to the front desk to be told there was no one from house keeping on staff that could help and there were no other rooms they could move us to. The front desk agent said she would leave a note for the morning staff and the manager. The next morning we called down again and shortly thereafter housekeeping arrived to our room. We showed them the substance we were talking about and they began to change all the bedding on both beds. While they were doing this, I went to the front desk and asked for the manager. Since it was a Saturday, I was told there would not be one on shift that day nor on Sunday. Very frustrating. I asked if there was anyting she could do and she said no. She also said she had put a call into the the "property manager" and he had not yet responded. That evening I returned to the front desk to be ignored by the evening agent. When I walked up, she was checking in another person. i was standing at the desk just off to the side waiting patiently. After she completed checking the guest in, she walked away around the corner and out of sight. I waited. I heard her talking to someone behing the wall for about 5 minutes. Then I heard her say goodbye that she was leaving for the night. Then low and behold she appeared and walked right to the front desk in front of me and reached under the counter and looked at me and said "I almost forgot my purse" and pulled a purse out from under the desk and walked out. After another 5 minutes another agent appeared and fielded my inquiry. She said she had seen the note about the stain on the bed skirt but had not heard anything further and the "property manager" had not returned the email they had sent. Odd because the agent that had just left told me they called the "property manager". Regardless I went up to my room. The next morning I came down to check one more time before checking out of the hotel. The same agent was there that had checked me in two nights prior. She said she would adjust my rate down from $119 a night to $79 a night for the inconvience. I told her that wasn't good enough. She then called housekeeping. A housekeeper came to the front desk and spoke to the agent for a moment then I was again told they could only adjust my rate to $79. She then told me that housekeeping said it was bbq sauce on the bedskirt and wall, not blood (forgot to mention earlier, the wall was never cleaned). I asked her how they knoew it was bbq sauce and she said she didn't know. Needless to say (nor anyone I know or can talk to) will ever stay at a Wyndham property again. I am in the process of writing a letter to their corporate office and will be including the pictures I took of the mysterious stains as well. I also agree with the other reviews that the internet in this hotel is horrible.

Room Tip: None of the rooms in this hotel are good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Albert M
Ambassador535, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Days Hotel New Orleans New Orleans Metairie for your visit to New Orleans. We regret that the customer service you experience was less than stellar. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie has employed a new Front Office Manager, Terrance Daniels whose past experience has enhanced the training of the front office and other team members who are responsible for the complete guest experience. Please contact Terrance Daniels at 504-833-8201 for complete satisfaction regarding this issue.