New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Homewood
$94
Courtyard
$119
Sleep Inn & Suites(Metairie)(Great Value!)
$71
$93
$93
$61
Groupon.com
All reviewsview of the lakeself parkingthe concierge loungefrench quarteroffice buildingnew orleanslake pontchartraincorner roomfront desk managerbeautiful hotelbusiness hotelbreakfast buffetroom keyfitness centerbusiness triphotel lobbynight's sleep
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Quiet hotel with nice indoor athletic club pool, just ask for a voucher at the desk.My room was very clean with comfortable bedding and pillows,always a Marriott staple.After a long day at Jazz Fest it was nice to have a relaxing swim. Parking if you do it yourself is free on weekends in the garage across the street and in the hotel garage. Ordered breakfast from the menu as I prefer to eat healthy..I don't care to do buffets. Had a superb egg white & crab meat omelette with grilled tomato and steamed asparagus on the side. Great place to avoid the crowds and bustle of the French Quarter or CBD hotels while having easy access to all parts of the Greater New Orleans area! Very helpful and attentive staff. I enjoyed my stay and will return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The building however is in great need of some renovations. The location was not the greatest mostly because of the traffic flow and having to go so far out of the way to get turned around to go in the direction that you needed to go.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

We appreciate all feedback, thank you for taking the time to provide your review. While we are glad to know that you found our associates to be so friendly and helpful, it is truly disappointing to learn that your overall experience did not reflect that same level of service and for that we apologize. It is our hope that you will stay with us again in the future, thank you.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The rooms here are decent, not the best and not the worst. The view however was amazing. My room in particular was not cleaned to my expectations. There was visible dust on the bedside table, as well as short black hair in my tub (which is definitely not mine since I am a red head). The floors had apparently not been vacuumed as there was a few paper shreds in one corner of the room behind an easily movable table.
The beds... Ugh... Let's just say I felt like I was lying on my wood floor at home. I took the comforter off the spare bed as well as the sheet and added it to my bed so that I wasn't sleeping on bricks. Other than the room flaws, every staff member that I encountered seemed very nice and willing to help. Sadly though I do not feel that the room rate was worth the pay. I could have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and things would have been cheaper and just as nice.

• Stayed: April 2014
Patrick B, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hearing from our guests that their experience was not positive is truly regrettable. Providing superior service is of utmost importance and it is disappointing to learn that your experiences were anything less than that. We encourage our guests to let us know if there are any problems with their stay so that we may address the situation immediately. It is our goal to create a pleasurable and enjoyable visit for our guests. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to win back your trust.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I will start off with the positives. The hotel itself is beautiful. The service is average. The room was nice. The bed was suppose to be a king, looked like a queen. There was snot on the arm rest of the chair in the room. That was disgusting. The room was $200 a night for a small room. The guest at this hotel hardly speak. Everyone walks around like they have issues. That's why I say don't stay for pleasure. Try the Sleep Inn off of the service road around clearview. You can get a huge suite with a king bed, sofa bed, and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom for under $100. The rooms here are not worth the prices they are asking. I called room service for breakfast and ordered waffles and bacon that said $11 on the menu and the starter for $13, and added the fruit cup for $5. The lady called me back with a total of $68. Enough said.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank FirstLadyHilliard
Patrick B, Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Although disappointed, we are grateful for your review and feedback. We encourage our guests to share any concerns they might have during their visit so we can tend to any issues as they arise and we regret that we were not given the opportunity to do so during your stay. We will share your comments with our management team and use this opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service
to each and every guest. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Here I am again reviewing a Marriott. It's hard to not like a Marriott. This one was extra special in that our room had a view of the sunrise over the water along with a spectacular view of the big bridge. Location of this particular room was very quiet and very comfortable. Not far from the hotel are plenty of nice restaurants on the water. Or boat watching. I especially liked my stay here.

Room Tip: This was a corner suite with a spectacular view and was nice and roomy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business