“Very Nice Room and Service”

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This stay was a 4 out of 5 stars. The room was a suite and was about $110 per night. I go to the area for festivalsand football games, so I always rent a car and prefer to stay in Metairie, which is about a 10 min ride to downtown New Orleans. Shopping and every restaurant imaginable is in the Metairie area.

The room was clean and spacious and the service was top notch. Good Job, Marriott at Lakeview.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip and was at first less than pleased, however, I found that the staff and the service I received more than made up for the initial disappointment.
I was seated at the restaurant for breakfast, ordered a coffee and a water, and, upon returning from the bathroom, had not yet received service. I helped myself to some oatmeal from the buffet and waited patiently for about 5 minutes and still no one came to my table. I got up and crossed the hallway to the Starbucks cafe when I was approached by the restaurant manager who apologized and comped my Muscle Milk and a coffee from the cafe.
Back in my room, while ironing my white linen pants, I realized that the iron itself was spewing dirt onto them. As I was checking out I brought this to the attention of the Housekeeping manager who offered to have them cleaned and then shipped them on to my next Marriott destination (overnight!). When I arrived at the Courtyard at Oyster Point in San Francisco, my pants were there waiting for me, perfectly pressed and clean as a whistle.
So, although this Marriott wasn't outright amazing, I feel like the service I received from their staff was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JessZoladz
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here due to its proximity to a client's location. Overall, very nice hotel. Good food and very clean. About $30 or so to get a taxi into the French Quarter, so better to stay closer if you have the option.
Overall, nice business hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel had beautiful rooms. I stayed here my last two nights in the New Orleans area..I love it when the front desk staff feels so comfortable with you, you can cut up with them and tell jokes and have fun. Made me feel like I was at home. The breakfast was great. The view of Lake Pontchartrain from the room was beautiful. Thumbs up for this hotel !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel seems well apportioned and upscale when in the lobby. The staff was very pleasant and courteous. Upon checking in, I found my room to be spacious and comfortable with a reasonable view of the lake. HOWEVER, at around 7 PM, I started hearing what sounded like weights from a gym being dropped on a hard surface. I thought it would end soon, but it continued until 10 PM. I called the front desk and found that there was a work-out room on my floor. Upon investigation, there was no one in there. The next morning was to be a late sleep for me, but the THUMPING of weights began at 0700. At checkout, I was informed that a spa and fitness club existed below my room. The supervisor asked what she could do to help me. My response was, what are my options? She handed me her card and said, "Next time you come to New Orleans, call me. I'll take care of you". In 55 years, I've made it to New Orleans once. I stayed in room 1104. Treat it like it has cooties.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We were in NOLA to visit our son, so seeing all of what the city has to offer was secondary for us. Having arrived @ about 830 after a 10 hour leg of our journey, we found the staff from the valet to the front desk courteous, efficient and helpful. This made for a more pleasant experience. Chris, the front desk manager, assisted us with a restaurant selection for the evening that suited us to a tee. He also got us a cab and provided options for our return when it became apparent that more driving was not in our plans. When the valet parked our car, he saw my husband's phone and called up to see if we would be needing it, then he made a special trip to deliver it to our room. Definitely beyond our expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Virginia20171
Reviewed July 31, 2013

As a frequent traveler and as a Marriott Gold Elite holder, I have a reasonable expectation for a Marriott. This hotel failed at that. The room was reasonable in size and comfort and we did have a lake view (paid extra for it). The full beds were too small and a disappointment as I am used to queens or king sized. They were also stiff.

I stayed here for a business trip and was sorely disappointed with this hotel.

I agree with the inconvenience of securing a pool pass (other reviewer) by having to go downstairs and then back up to the pool (9th floor) and then you have to fill out a form from the front desk to turn in at the pool. My granddaughter and wife said the pool was limited and the three lounge chairs were extremely spartan and unclean.

We stayed for four days which was three too many. At no time was my wife or I greeted by front desk personnel. The first night I was there, I hung a breakfast request card on my door ordering breakfast to be delivered at 6:00-6:15. At 6:25, 5 minutes before I had to depart, I received a call from the front desk telling me they had problems and would not be able to get my breakfast.

The second morning. I called to have my car brought to the front by the valet. There was no answer. I then went to the front desk and there was no one there. I proceeded to the valet stand and no one there either. I went back in and waited 10 more minutes and still no one at the front desk. A guy, looking like he was checking out, was also impatiently waiting. We both signed and shrugged our shoulders. I yelled "Good morning." Still no luck. He went behind the front desk and opened the door and yelled in. Finally a staff person, looking irritated, came out but no acknowledgement and no apology forthcoming. I gave her the tag for my car (now 15 minutes after arriving at the front) and she proceeded to find a valet.

There is no shuttle and nothing nearby. You are next to the Causeway entrance and that is the extinct of the scenery.

My wife also noted the poor customer service attitudes. We debated on leaving several times to return to Le Pavillion in New Orleans which is the total opposite of this hotel. There the staff constantly acknowledge you and welcome you back when you return in the evening and in some cases returning after a month. I made the mistake in staying in Metairie instead of driving the extra distance to New Orleans downtown. That won't happen again.

We did discover a great Mediterranean restaurant a few blocks away called Zozos Cafe. What a wonderful cozy place with outstanding Med food.

Room Tip: To find a good room--call another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business