The front desk staff were not rude, but were not inviting, either. For a tourist spot such as New Orleans, I expected more. As a Marriott Rewards member, we occasionally get complimentary upgrades or even a kind acknowledgement thanking us for being a rewards member. There are a few items that contributed to my rating:
* I stayed in Room 1015. The bathrooms seemed clean, but as soon as I ran the shower, it had a terrible mildew/mold/unclean scent. When I looked at the bottom of the shower, although it LOOKED clean, it did not have the squeaky clean feel to it. It was as if housekeeping just wiped the "dirt ring" from around the shower and hung up fresh towels. In addition, a few areas of the room and bathroom are beginning to rust and need replacement.
*I went to the so called pool and it should instead be advertised as a "spa pool". I's nothing fancy and the jacuzzi is in desperate need of some cleaning. The tiles have turned brown and even the water was cloudy. Before you can go to he "pool", you must go downstairs to the ground level and ask for a pool pass each time you go to the pool on the 9th floor. SUCH A HASSLE!!!
*Lastly, we ordered some kids chix fingers, gumbo, chix wings and fries our first night from the hotel restaurant. the wings were undercooked and bleeding and looked as if the cooks had just dumped hot sauce on top of the wings. The server who gathered our meal and got it together was VERY VERY nice and i did tip her. I did not realize my wings were undercooked until I got back upstairs to my room and at this point, I was just over it. Very disappointed.
If you are okay with Fairfield, then this will be fine for you, but if you are used to Marriott service, then you may be disappointed.
*Buffet is overpriced for the 9 options you are given and stale cream cheese muffins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an oasis of luxury along the scenic shores of Lake Pontchartrain, at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway. Winner of the AAA Four Diamond Award and 2012 TripAdvisor Award of Excellence, we set higher standards of service for New Orleans. As Metairie's first full-service Marriott Hotel, we merge the grandeur of the past with the technology and comfort of today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott New Orleans Metairie At Lakeway Hotel Metairie
- Marriott Metairie
- Metairie Marriott