New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
$76
ExtendedStay
Comfort Inn & Suites(Metairie)(Great Value!)
$139
$111
$95
Country Inn
$109
Courtyard
Sleep Inn & Suites(Metairie)(Great Value!)
$112
Homewood
$109
$94
Hotels.com
All reviewsview of the lakeself parkingthe concierge loungefrench quarteroffice buildingnew orleanslake pontchartraincorner roomfront desk managerbeautiful hotelbusiness hotelbreakfast buffetroom keyfitness centerbusiness triphotel lobbynight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I got to the hotel right at 5 p.m. Beware the parking garage. The hotel shares the parking garage with an office building. There is a narrow ramp that is shared for going up and going down. The office folks come down that ramp at breakneck speeds and do not yield to anyone coming up the ramp. The parking signs for hotel guests are extremely poor. The entrance door to the hotel elevator lobby looks like it leads to a closet. All very confusing for a first-timer. HOWEVER, once in the hotel, it is lovely. Open and airy lobby. The front desk staff could not have been nicer. Especially, Emily. She upgraded our room, gave us coupons for appetizers at the bar and was just down right sweet. Our room was very nice and CLEAN. We could not have asked for a better place for our weekend get away. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you want a view of Lake Pontchartrain without other office buildings blocking it, ask for it at the front desk. Some rooms have obstructed views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I spoke several times to a reservation person named "Dot". She was unbelievale as a sorce of good information and help in general. She knew about the Voyager & the hows, whens & becauses of my entire trip. She made our stay at the hotel worth every penny. I made this trip with my cousin & his wife. We left our car at the hotel and taxied to the cruise terminal. It saved us some and we didn't have to fool with driving or parking at the terminal. It was a good deal.
The hotel was damaged during Katrina but nicely refurbished when we got there. The staff were nice and they helped us a lot. The room was all you could hope for and you could see the lake from our room. The resturant was good albeit a tad expensive for me. I am in my mid sixties and live on Social Security. I'm kinda a Taco Delite guy. You know, five to seven dollars is highrolling things in my world.
We stayed here in Dec., 2011.

Room Tip: Ask for Dot when you book! Get a lakeview room if possible. Consider staying here when taking a cruise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great staff they were all very helpful, good, quiet location. If you are looking for something away from the French Quarter. Clean and comfortable rooms. We were very suprised the parking was free. I don't usually stay at the Marriott, this was another family members choice. We all really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Choose one with a view of Lake Pontchartrain
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel was the definition of average, even the club lounge (which it seemed anyone could get into). There was nothing to really complain about but nothing was really great either. Staff, average. Room, just ok. Club lounge was the only thing is give an above average rating to but it wasn't monitored all that well and people were sneaking in. I don't think I'd stay here again. I like our stays at the JW in the Quarter better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I called the hotel to ask questions about my reservation and received NO help whatsoever. The woman who answered the the phone was clueless. She responded to my inquiry by saying, "I can't answer your question but I know you'll have a good time here at our hotel!" What!? So I asked to speak to the manager on duty to ensure that the room had 2 doubles versus 1 king and he says, "I can't guarantee what type of room arrangement you will have when you arrive." Really?! Mind you, no one asked for my confirmation number or looked anything up on the computer. I ended up calling Marriott directly via the 1-800 number. My questions were answered and my problems were solved right away. I hope to have a more pleasurable experience once we get to the hotel in a few months.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends