“Stayed prior to a cruise. "Dot was too cool".”

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Plano, Texas
“Stayed prior to a cruise. "Dot was too cool".”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I spoke several times to a reservation person named "Dot". She was unbelievale as a sorce of good information and help in general. She knew about the Voyager & the hows, whens & becauses of my entire trip. She made our stay at the hotel worth every penny. I made this trip with my cousin & his wife. We left our car at the hotel and taxied to the cruise terminal. It saved us some and we didn't have to fool with driving or parking at the terminal. It was a good deal.
The hotel was damaged during Katrina but nicely refurbished when we got there. The staff were nice and they helped us a lot. The room was all you could hope for and you could see the lake from our room. The resturant was good albeit a tad expensive for me. I am in my mid sixties and live on Social Security. I'm kinda a Taco Delite guy. You know, five to seven dollars is highrolling things in my world.
We stayed here in Dec., 2011.

Room Tip: Ask for Dot when you book! Get a lakeview room if possible. Consider staying here when taking a crui...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great staff they were all very helpful, good, quiet location. If you are looking for something away from the French Quarter. Clean and comfortable rooms. We were very suprised the parking was free. I don't usually stay at the Marriott, this was another family members choice. We all really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Choose one with a view of Lake Pontchartrain
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Park Hills, KY (just outside Cincinnati)
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel was the definition of average, even the club lounge (which it seemed anyone could get into). There was nothing to really complain about but nothing was really great either. Staff, average. Room, just ok. Club lounge was the only thing is give an above average rating to but it wasn't monitored all that well and people were sneaking in. I don't think I'd stay here again. I like our stays at the JW in the Quarter better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I called the hotel to ask questions about my reservation and received NO help whatsoever. The woman who answered the the phone was clueless. She responded to my inquiry by saying, "I can't answer your question but I know you'll have a good time here at our hotel!" What!? So I asked to speak to the manager on duty to ensure that the room had 2 doubles versus 1 king and he says, "I can't guarantee what type of room arrangement you will have when you arrive." Really?! Mind you, no one asked for my confirmation number or looked anything up on the computer. I ended up calling Marriott directly via the 1-800 number. My questions were answered and my problems were solved right away. I hope to have a more pleasurable experience once we get to the hotel in a few months.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I normally always stay in the French Quarter are when traveling to New Orleans, but I had to attend a bridal shower that was nearby. This area was unfamiliar at first and the hotel was a little confusing to locate on the GPS. You can see it as you’re driving, but you will drive right pass it if you don’t know how to get to it. It’s in a really nice neighborhood, surrounding by beautiful houses. This hotel has a beautiful, clean lobby. Check-in was really fast with no hassles. Location is great, accessible to the two shopping malls nearby and many eateries. There were a lot of people staying here for weddings and other special events too. I requested a high floor with a view and at first I thought I was being punk’d as it appeared my view was of the top of the hotel looking at the air-conditioning units…boy was I wrong. When I finally opened the curtains, I was on the top of the hotel and my room was on the same floor as the jogging track and basketball court and I could see the city sky line. Great view! The room was really big with modern amenities and the bed was extra comfy. My bill was underneath the door in the AM and it there wasn’t any extra fees. There is no free wi-fi and you have to pay for parking. Otherwise, I have no complaints and I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tomball, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Valet staff had an attitude the minute we saw them. Leader of the bunch was cussing and mad at another valet helper, he even got loud with us because we could not understand what he was saying in his low toned, irritated voice and slang talk...one of the valet guys was spinning the tires of a mustand all throughout the parking garage. He was so loaded on some sort of drug that he could barely walk. After speaking with some incompetent staff at the front desk, they could have cared less....the next night we came back to valet park and the rude leader of the bunch that we told on, did not even get up as we pulled up, instead he glared at us and shook his head. It was obvious he was only there for a pay check. The manager just defended him and wanted us to pay valet charges that she told us we would not have to pay. She obviously has no business being a manager..complete lack of care about her customers. There was a very nice lady who helped us the first night, her last name was Hebert...ask for her, she seems to be the only one with any kind of sense. We spend about $8,000 a year on Marriott hotels and expect to get treated like we should.....I will be making a complaint with the owners of the hotel tomorrow. Let's hope they get a good staff in there to keep a good Marriott name. The hotel was beautiful it's a shame the alert guy and his rude manager ruined our first trip to NO

Room Tip: Pick rooms ending in 29....they ave the best views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taramara79
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a Platinum member in the MR, I have come to expect hotels and service to be a cut above the norm. I think this one meets and exceeds all of my expectations each and every time I stay. The rooms are always very clean. The service is always very good. The rooms are new and very well appointed. As a Platinum, I also enjoy their concierge lounge, and am regularly upgraded to very nice rooms. The hotel also has an onsite health club that is top notch- absolutely amazing compared to most hotels around the US. Also, the onsite restaurant is fabulous. I love their grilled salmon and the roasted chicken. The concierge lounge also serves excellent food each and every evening. You really don't even have to leave the hotel, or eat anywhere else. I've not yet had a bad stay- and I stay here about twice a month. It is one of the few properties that I am always satisfied with, and even sad to leave. I always look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business