“24 hours of niceness!”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Atlanta, Georgia
“24 hours of niceness!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I normally always stay in the French Quarter are when traveling to New Orleans, but I had to attend a bridal shower that was nearby. This area was unfamiliar at first and the hotel was a little confusing to locate on the GPS. You can see it as you’re driving, but you will drive right pass it if you don’t know how to get to it. It’s in a really nice neighborhood, surrounding by beautiful houses. This hotel has a beautiful, clean lobby. Check-in was really fast with no hassles. Location is great, accessible to the two shopping malls nearby and many eateries. There were a lot of people staying here for weddings and other special events too. I requested a high floor with a view and at first I thought I was being punk’d as it appeared my view was of the top of the hotel looking at the air-conditioning units…boy was I wrong. When I finally opened the curtains, I was on the top of the hotel and my room was on the same floor as the jogging track and basketball court and I could see the city sky line. Great view! The room was really big with modern amenities and the bed was extra comfy. My bill was underneath the door in the AM and it there wasn’t any extra fees. There is no free wi-fi and you have to pay for parking. Otherwise, I have no complaints and I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Tomball, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Valet staff had an attitude the minute we saw them. Leader of the bunch was cussing and mad at another valet helper, he even got loud with us because we could not understand what he was saying in his low toned, irritated voice and slang talk...one of the valet guys was spinning the tires of a mustand all throughout the parking garage. He was so loaded on some sort of drug that he could barely walk. After speaking with some incompetent staff at the front desk, they could have cared less....the next night we came back to valet park and the rude leader of the bunch that we told on, did not even get up as we pulled up, instead he glared at us and shook his head. It was obvious he was only there for a pay check. The manager just defended him and wanted us to pay valet charges that she told us we would not have to pay. She obviously has no business being a manager..complete lack of care about her customers. There was a very nice lady who helped us the first night, her last name was Hebert...ask for her, she seems to be the only one with any kind of sense. We spend about $8,000 a year on Marriott hotels and expect to get treated like we should.....I will be making a complaint with the owners of the hotel tomorrow. Let's hope they get a good staff in there to keep a good Marriott name. The hotel was beautiful it's a shame the alert guy and his rude manager ruined our first trip to NO

Room Tip: Pick rooms ending in 29....they ave the best views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taramara79
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a Platinum member in the MR, I have come to expect hotels and service to be a cut above the norm. I think this one meets and exceeds all of my expectations each and every time I stay. The rooms are always very clean. The service is always very good. The rooms are new and very well appointed. As a Platinum, I also enjoy their concierge lounge, and am regularly upgraded to very nice rooms. The hotel also has an onsite health club that is top notch- absolutely amazing compared to most hotels around the US. Also, the onsite restaurant is fabulous. I love their grilled salmon and the roasted chicken. The concierge lounge also serves excellent food each and every evening. You really don't even have to leave the hotel, or eat anywhere else. I've not yet had a bad stay- and I stay here about twice a month. It is one of the few properties that I am always satisfied with, and even sad to leave. I always look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Had to spend five nights here for a recent convention taking place in NO at the convention center. Hotel was adequate, but at times almost impossible to get a cab in a reasonable timeframe. The HIMSS bus to the convention took nearly an hour one way. If you need to be close by, the hotel is fine. Main problem was getting calls thru the switchboard--no one would answer my wife on more than one occasion, or she'd be put on endless hold just trying to call my room. The restaurant in the hotel was well-priced and the food very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night, college weekend trip. This was my second time staying at the Marriott Lakeway this year, and it has become my first choice of hotels whenever I'm in the area. Location may be just a little difficult to get to at first. But there's free parking in lot on weekends, which is a great plus for me. The decor throughout the lobby is very elegant and tasteful, and the atmosphere was incredibly relaxing. I booked a kingbed suite, very mo dern, CLEAN, with the most comfortable beds! Take advantage of their in-room checkout, its pretty convenient. Breakfast buffet was lovely, will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Great bed, very very clean. Not much else to get excited about. Location is not in proximity to any entertainment or dining. Cab to the city approx. 24 bucks each way. Skip the in hotel restaurant and eat downtown instead.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As a Marriott rewards member, I received a very good rate for this hotel. I traveled with 4 in the party and initially, I had booked 2 doubles. Let me inform anyone who has a choice, please consider the king with the pullout. The doubles are quite small and cramped for two. The hotel itself is decent. The one complaint I have is the charge for valet service, of which I never used. You must always review your receipt, so that you will know what you are being charged....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business