“The staff for the indoor pool/ fitness on the 9th floor very rude and down right nasty.attitude.”

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I made a reservation for my daughters 8th birthday to have about 25 ppl swim in the indoor pool since her birthday is in January. I explained when I made the reservation what my plan was and was told that it was fine. I called the hotel manager and told her my plans BC i read bad reviews about other bad experiences with the indoor pool. I was once again given the okay that my plan for the pool was fine. I check in and go with my guest to the pool and told sorry pool is closed BC it has 2 much chlorine in it when it was supposed to be a salt water pool. I got to front desk and told that I could go home and reschedule my stay after I have guest that drove over an hour to get there and spent 300 dollars on food cake and other activities for a slumber party with a few of the girls. Meanwhile my 8 year old is devastated crying her eyes out that this is the worst day of her life and worse birthday ever. So finally they compensate us if we stay. The kids could use the Jacuzzi so the girls get in but for an hour I was going up and back down getting vouchers for every 4 guest to be in the area so after things were finally right with the vouchers the girls got in the Jacuzzi for an hour. Hotel manager gave us the room for 99 bucks free kids breakfast buffet for 4 kids at the bistro restaurant located in hotel which by the way.Had crappy service. And a free movie rental. We tried to make due and make best of a bad situation but I will never stay here again. The next morning the girls wanted to play tennis which is located next to the pool and the lady at the desk made a call to the manager BC she basically did not want us n BC we had 5 kids. We brought our own tennis rackets and thank God BC their rackets looked like it was about to grow legs and crawl ewww. Kids played 20 minutes and I was so disgusted I checked out early. Oh and the only reason I did get the comps I did BC I asked. There was also another lady with a little girl in the same situation as we were. Never again. 9th floor fitness club where the pool is located the staff being so rude and snooty to my children is my main complaint. Meanwhile my child is heartbroken.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank notimpressed4
amy_baumcratz, Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We could not be more disappointed to learn that your stay was not the type of experience we would hope for any of our guests. Please accept our apology regarding what you experienced at the pool/fitness area. Please know that that area of the hotel is managed by a private company, and the staff you encountered there are not employed by the hotel. In the future we would recommend contacting that company directly for any party needs. Thank you again for bringing this situation to our attention. We will pass the information along to the owners of the fitness/pool facility. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel has very comfortable rooms, the beds are very comfortable. The Lake side of the hotel is the quietest side. Great location for a recent business trip.

Even though it is difficult, be very wary about using credit cards for "incidentals" at hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kay S
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a good location. The rooms are nice and roomy. The bathroom could use some updating however but were clean and comfortable. I usually stay downtown in New Orleans but this location is only a quick trip to the French Quarter. The staff was nice and helpful. There is also a very good fitness center on site. There was one big problem. The breakfast buffet was awful. Even though we arrived well before closing time for the buffet (at least an hour) the food was not being replenished. The eggs were cold and the supply of fruit and other items was not being replaced. Also the dishes were dirty and multiple customers had to ask for replacement. I thought that this should have been obvious. I believe that the deficiencies were obvious but no one was willing to step up and correct it. I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member and I stay in a lot of Marriott properties across the country so I hope that this is corrected.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jahjay62
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Fantastic stay with excellent beds - a good night of sleep after a long transatlantic flight. The free parking is standard but should be mentioned and the free use of the pool, the whirlpool, the dry Sauna, and the sports facilities was just excellent and can only be recommended - not least due to the really helpful staff member in the sports center. Would not hesitate to stay again!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jacapsicum
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Probably not the best location if you are going to spend most of your time in downtown New Orleans, but still an easy 15-minute jaunt to get downtown and this Marriott is near most of Metairie's conveniences. I stayed here recently over New Years with some friends and was pleased with the value and the quality of the rooms. The room was a bit on the small side but well equipped, clean and very pleasant. The staff gets an A+ for being very helpful through several reservation modifications and even helping us redeem Marriott and American Express points towards our room. Didn't see if they served breakfast or not.

Room Tip: The backside of the hotel features views of Lake Pontchartrain and are well worth a little extra exp...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank timothyn314
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel a total of six times over the past 3-months. Each visit has gotten worse than the previous one. Most recently I, and a co-worker, experienced abhorrent treatment at check-in by Ashley due to an error (on their part) in booking the reservation. Fortunately Nicole from the sales and marketing department intervened before Ashley received a verbal lashing! On day 2 of that stay I returned to my room after a long day of meetings to find the door ajar. Apparently housekeeping had neglected to close it. When I called the desk they seemed unconcerned and did not appear to see the fact that our things were in a wide open room all day was an issue. Which brings me to the next topic, all that housekeeping did for our 4-day stay was change the towels and make the bed. The tub, sink and floor were not cleaned at all. By the end of the week there was hair all over the floor, and I was wiping down the sink and the tub myself.
After a previous poor experience I received a message from the general manager who indicated I should let them know when I would be returning so they could ensure a better experienc. So I emailed prior to the next visit and got no response along with no better experience. For what could be a phenomenal hotel they really do not represent the Marriott brand well. I continue to caution anyone who has an option to stay elsewhere to do so.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mdm0622
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We couldn’t be more disappointed to learn that your stay was not the type of experience we would hope for any of our guests. Please accept our most sincere apologies if there was any confusion during checking in or that you felt anything but welcomed, as each and every one of our guests is highly valued. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously and regret that you found your guestroom door ajar and that you experienced any issues with our housekeeping services while staying. Our management team is always available on-site to all our guests should any issues arise that cannot be resolved through the hotel staff and it is regrettable that we were not given the opportunity to do so during your stay when it would have mattered the most. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The breakfast food was good when it was kept full the breakfast service was Horrible to say it nice we had to beg for drinks and refills, silverware,ketchup, napkins. My daughter needed water to take some medicine and it took 10 mins. to get it after I went to the service room where they get it from. Parking is not free, it is $10 or 15 valet. The pool, You have to get a voucher to from the front desk in order to go in there and dont dare try to take a pool towel to your room they will chase you down even if your kids are freezing they do Not care. Also we were awoken in the early morning to ask if we were missing a child some negligent parent let theres out their site and thankfully they found the rightfull owner But seriously knocking on every door in the whole hotel HOW STUPID. Also the Internet was NOT free it was a charge of $12.99 to use their internet how dumb!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jerryleow
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

It is truly disappointing to hear when a guest's experience does not live up to their expectations. Someone from our staff is always available to discuss any issues and we apologize if we were not given the opportunity to clear up any concerns you may have had during your stay. We truly regret if anything at our hotel was amiss or if you experienced any lack of professionalism from any of our associates, as excellent service is always one of our highest priorities. We will be sure to share your comments with our management team. Thank you for your feedback.