“Great Service as long as you're not hungry!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
“Great Service as long as you're not hungry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only major issue I had was regarding the on site restaurants. There were two listed in the in room directory however only one was open the whole week I was there. As there are no restaurants near the hotel this left a very limited choice for meals. Additionally the one restaurant was very slow to seat people although it was virtually empty each time. Food service was also very slow...not good after a very long day working. Finally I had the same server several nights in a row and she clearly did not seem to recognize me from one day to the next again even though it was very slow!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We appreciate all feedback, thank you for taking the time to provide your review. While we are glad to know that you found our associates to be so friendly and helpful, it is truly disappointing to learn that your dining experience did not reflect that same level of service and for that we apologize. We will share your comments with our dining associates to reinforce our commitment to providing the best possible experience for all of our guests. It is our hope that you will stay with us again in the future, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this property a number of times over the past few years during visits back home (for me) to work on my mom's house and for pre-Mardi Gras weekends. As a Platinum Premier Marriott Rewards member I am usually upgraded to a nice suite. The hotel is usually quite, which enables us to get a good night's sleep after long days. The hotel is located in a building that doubles as an office complex. Parking is in a garage that is shared with the office building occupants which, on weekday mornings, can be a bit of an experience to get out of the garage. I've not felt unsafe in the garage, even when coming/going by myself. Staff at the front desk is always friendly! On my last visit I was looking for a local seafood place for dinner and they gave me several suggestions, and they gave me one for a restaurant I had not eaten at previously! I receive access to the concierge lounge which has the usual breakfast fare and their evening offers have been great! I've actually made a meal out of it when I've been too tired to get cleaned up and go out! On weekends I've been given breakfast in the restaurant. We've had a few issues at breakfast - Slow service, slowness in getting additional food out on the buffet, and no omelet station and no way to get eggs other than the scrambled that are on the buffet. Having the option to get eggs prepared another way would be great! We like the hotel's location when we come down the weekend before Mardi Gras. We don't want the crowds that are in town, and we are able to walk from the hotel to the parade route. No parking or traffic issues! When we want to go into town, it's not too far and there's easy access to I-10. I truly like that my parking and internet are complimentary - If they weren't I would probably stay at the Courtyard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UOtterTravel
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Just outside of New Orleans but close enough to enjoy all of the fun of the Crescent City! Thank you for taking the time to highlight so much of what you enjoy at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, we truly appreciate knowing what makes our guests happy! We value your loyalty to the Marriott brand and are thrilled to know you were able to take advantage of much of what we have to offer from your accommodations and quiet night's rest to your enjoyment of the concierge lounge. It is disappointing, however, to learn of your dining experience and will share your comments and suggestions with our restaurant staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Lafayette, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Loved the suite for two kids and wife. Would be a great place to stay for Buisness or to visit family that lives in Metairie. This is not the place to stay for the "New Orleans" expirence but it is only a taxi ride away. I will stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your family's stay at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway. Our rooms and suites are wonderful for leisure travelers as well as our corporate guests. It is always rewarding to read a guest's comment that mentions how much they enjoyed staying with us. Located just 7 miles from the French Quarter, we are close to the action but offer the peaceful tranquility of being just outside of it all. The next time you are in the area, we would love if you would stay with us again.
kansas city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is older and about 15 minute drive to the french quarter. There are plenty of shopping and restaurants within driving distance. It is a business persons hotel or so it seemed. The rooms were large and fairly well maintained. On the clean scale I would say 7 out of ten. I am hotel picky though. The staff seemed very nice and helpful-which was lovely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are truly delighted that your stay at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway was a positive one. Our associates strive to provide to best in Southern hospitality and will be thrilled to know that you found them to be so nice and helpful. Your comments regarding our location so close to much of what the area has to offer and spacious, clean guestrooms are greatly appreciated. Whether staying for business or leisure, it is our hope that all of our guests enjoy a comfortable stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Cottonwood, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I got a really good deal was the only reason I stayed here, normally can't aford it. They sight says there are near the French Quarter, well it's over an hour by bus, and a $30 taxi to get there. The staff were very helpful. The rooms were amazing, they use name brand stuff for their shampoos. However, to get to the pool you need a pass for the gym, internet is $12.99 A DAY. Their breakfast bar is good and was included in the price. One good thing that I don't normally find in upper level hotels was a laundry room on the 10th floor. There really isn't food near by so if you don't have a car it is a problem. It does have a view of the lake which was nice.

Room Tip: ask for a deluxe room even if it's extra it has a sitting area
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It certainly sounds like you appreciated much of what the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway has to offer from your guestroom accommodations with top of the line amenities to your dining experience and lakeside views. While we do provide wireless Internet access in all guestrooms and public spaces, there is indeed an associated charge and we apologize if that caused you any inconvenience. Located just 7 miles from the French Quarter, our property is close to the action but far enough away to enjoy a peaceful stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Shreveport LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We needed a room traveling to New Orleans and this hotel was giving a special rate.
It's convenient off the interstate but the parking garage was a little confusing, but free on the weekends. After we got the car parked everything was good.
Very nice room - comfortable bed.
Would consider staying here again.
Seemed to be a nice, safe part of
town.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ACB8791
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
We are so glad you chose to stay at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway for your recent visit and are pleased that you found our location so convenient. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you find yourself in the area.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Usually when I stay in hotels, I try to stay with the Marriott brand. Went to New Orleans beginning of July. Loved the location, not too far from New Orleans, but far from the crowds of Bourbon street.

Pulled up front to check in, the valet guy was absolutely wonderful in telling us where to park!! The people at the front desk, super nice, VERY Helpful in giving directions!!

Parking: If you have a large SUV (suburban, expedition, etc), beware, the parking can be a little tricky going up because it's narrow, glad we didn't bring our truck for this trip. However, most of the parking is very convenient to the elevators that take you to the hotel.

Our room: The bed is EXCELLENT!! I haven't been to one Marriott where the bed wasn't great!! The one thing I didn't like about our room was it seemed like an old room (smelled old) with updated bed and fixtures. We had a king executive suite and the living room area, well, the couch and chairs didn't look so well, you could tell they were used, I mean, I know people use them, but I shouldn't be able to look at them and tell. Maybe it was just our room (Room 1425), but, I think it's something that needs to be taken care of. But the bedroom part was nice and the bathroom was nice, just a SMALL bathroom.

Next time we are in New Orleans, we will try another Marriott property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is such a delight to hear from our guests and learn that they enjoyed their stay at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway. As you mentioned, our hotel is situated in an ideal location, close to the French Quarter but removed from the hustle and bustle. Thank you for providing details regarding your stay, our staff loves what they do and we will be sure to share your comments with them all. We hope for your next visit to New Orleans we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back.