“Would have been perfect. If only...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Fort Worth, Texas
“Would have been perfect. If only...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

My wife and I checked into room 1123 at 1:30pm on 6/24/2011. Beautiful room. Until I sat on the bed and nearly sank to the floor. The box spring on the right side of the bed was broken and not in the frame. I called the front desk and they sent up an "engineer." When he arrived at our room, I let him in and he immediately went to the side of the bed that was broken without my having to tell him indicating that he knew the bed was already broken. He popped the broken box spring back into the frame and started to leave until I objected saying that I wasn't comfortable sleeping on a bed that could collapse out from under me at any moment. So he went to get another box spring that didn't quite fit our frame. This is where our "engineer" reveals that his title is really honorary. He kept trying to squeeze the box spring into a frame that was clearly not made for it until the frame began to bend out of shape. After he and his boss wrestled with this for almost an hour, I called the front desk to request another room (Rm. #1020) which was wonderful. Except that our box spring was slightly too small for the frame. But since this one wasn't broken, I popped it back onto the frame rail and hoped for the best. The next day, my wife and I went to enjoy the French Quarter only to return to a room that hadn't been visited by housekeeping - AT ALL. They were working on our floor when we left. We left her a $5 tip, but it hadn't been claimed. They just forgot about us. The room overall was very clean and we had a beautiful view of Lake Pontchartrain (except for the 5 or 6 cranes blocking our view which I can't really blame on the hotel.)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We wish the title of your review could have read that your stay was perfect and regret that we did not achieve that goal with you. Your patience and understanding regarding the bed frame issues is deeply appreciated, we thank you for allowing us to remedy the situation. We hope we can welcome you back in the near future to fully impress you with everything our hotel has to offer, minus the cranes blocking your view of beautiful Lake Pontchartrain.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was staying at this hotel for a conference and was a bit disappointed by how far it was from downtown. If I didn't have a rental car I would have been real upset. Although there was construction outside the hotel n the roads and I could hear it from my room, it didn't bother me too much since I was not in my room most of the day. The hotel staff was awesome. They were VERY friendly and speedy. The balers were all great and knew me (and my car after just a couple days). At one point, one of them ran into the garage to retrieve my car so I didn't have to wait more than a couple minutes. The bar and restaurant were both clean and comfortable and the staff was great except for 1 bartender who seemed rather unpleasant both nights I stopped in. The meeting space was nice and the meeting staff was also very attentive. This would be good for a conference again, but a bit of a hike for sightseeing around downtown. Not a bad drive from here to the plantations west of the city.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank MrsDodge79
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how their stay was at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway. Our staff makes it their priority to make sure each and every one of our guests are taken care of so it is great to learn that was the experience you enjoyed with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

Air conditioner was full of black mold, requested another room and waited. Girl at desk "forgot" to call me with new room. When I called her back I had to remind her about the problem. Air conditioner filters in both rooms were so dirty they were collapsing.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Bhjc1971
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for bringing our attention to the recent problems you encountered at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway. We will have our maintenance team look into the filters for the air conditioners. We regret that we were not able to create a better experience for you but appreciate the time you took to share your comments.
Southaven, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

At the last minute, my husband and I decided to get away for the weekend. I chose this hotel by the reviews that I read on this site. The hotel was very nice and well decorated. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Parking is free on the weekend with self parking. The hotel is not far from one of the malls and about 10-15 miles from downtown New Orleans. I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
We are so glad that you and your husband were able to get away for the weekend and chose to stay at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway! The best compliment we can receive is when a guest shares that they would visit us again! Thank you for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
HOUSTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband, our children, family and friends stayed at the hotel for 4 days. The rooms were in excellent condition and the decor was beautiful, from the carpet to the ceiling. We were very impressed. The front desk personnel was very polite and helpful, especially when one of my bridesmaid left my vows and cellphone in the Lobby the day of the wedding. He went beyond measures to ensure that I rec'd my items...Thanks a million! However, my fiancée (at the time) and I was told that we would receive a complimentary honeymoon suite and a special surprise upon our check-in since our wedding was that Saturday. We didn't receive a honeymoon suite, and the only surprised we received was paying for parking that Monday morning. We inquired about the promise that was made to the front desk and was told there's no honeymoon suites. Though lied to, we still love this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottMetairie, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
We would like to congratulate you and your husband on your recent marriage, and we are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, we’re glad that they were able to help! We regret any miscommunication you may have received regarding your accommodations and sincerely appreciate your understanding. Thank you so much for spending your special day with the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

We loved our room. It had a seperate seating area, inclusive of two walls of glass overlooking the lake. Well done. Good service. We are going back again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Blairstown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. We were in town to visit and attend the French Quarter Festival. Most of the hotels in the French Quarter were already booked or way too expensive but it actually turned out great. We did rent a car so that allowed us to do some other touring. The 24 mile Lake Pontchartrain Causeway was right at the hotel intersection and we went across to Mandeville and Madisonville. There's a lot to visit on the North Shore. The one thing that really struck me was how quiet the hotel was. We didn't engage in many of the services they offer but the room was clean and roomy. We had a view of the Lake from a higher floor as requested. We used our AAA card to get a discount. There is parking in the garage which is $10 a day during the week. The trip into The FQ was not far. The Hotel is between the airport and down town. The staff was nice and the cooling system was not too noisy. The linens seemed fresh and the bed was a King and comfortable.

Room Tip: Probably best to call and speak to them in person.