“Everything was just OK”

Comfort Inn Marrero
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marrero
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a reunion in the area. We normally stay in a downtown NOLA hotel, but as we were going to be on the West Bank all weekend, we stayed here. The place is just OK. The location is OK, not a great area. The breakfast was OK, no meat selection when I was there. The rooms were OK, nice TV, lots of channels, comfy beds, but noisy A/C system. The people were OK. Some were nice, but others were uncaring. I would give this hotel 2 stars, but the rates, especially for New Orleans, were better than OK. So all in all, the Comfort Inn was an OK hotel if you need to stay in the Westwego/Marrero/Gretna area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elkayandboro
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Marrero

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This letter is to complain about service I received and a theft that occurred at your Comfort Inn located in Marrero, LA . Rm 116

I was a guest there from Friday March 23-25 . When I checked into my room I placed my Cell Phone and my class ring on the desk which remained in the hotel room at all times during my visit. At no time did I remove those, as I only use my cell for work and just took my ring off when I went to shower . Upon checkout I noticed that both were missing from the desk I figured when packing I already put them in my carry case.Upon arriving home and unpacking I noticed they were gone. I immediately phoned the hotel and spoke to a young lady at the front desk. She attempted to direct me to the manager of of the hotel and there was no answer. I again called back 3/26/12 and was directed to a manger’s voice mail in which it has been full everyday. My boyfriend was able to go back to the hotel due to me head back to TEXAS for work he talked to the manager which told him the cameras can not be view corporate office has to do that I have yet to hear from them.There was a do not disturb sign on the door so no one would enter so this puzzle me problem still waiting to be resolved I should not need to take my item when going out to dinner.

Room Tip: Take items of value
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights. It was pretty decent looked pretty clean although it smelled a little weird in the room like it had been closed up for a while. Contential breakfast was ok nothing fancy but good. I really liked that this hotel was only a short drive to downtown New Orleans and at a cost of about 65 a night you can't beat that. If I go to the area again I will def stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The location is great -- it's just a few miles from the French Quarter in New Orleans and far cheaper than the hotels in and around the Quarter. We had a very comfortable room. Breakfast was good and there was a nice selection. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Pros: Large room, comfortable bed, friendly staff, clean & bright common areas and rooms, nice bathrooms, ample parking, free long distance (cell coverage was non-existent), & small "business center"

Cons: No fitness center, thin walls, no auto control on heat/air.

This hotel was nicer than I expected. It smelled clean and I spent two nights very comfortably. I would return as long as the quality is the same or better.

Room Tip: First floor rooms seem larger because are high. When it rains, the rain running through the gutters...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I would have given this 4, but it has one big problem. It was clean, the front desk staff were friendly, breakfast was great. My room was spaceous. There was even ample parking for my truck and 20' long utility trailer. I stayed two nights. Each night I was awakened by a couple (on Friday night) in the room above me and on Saturday night (by coupleS) in the room adjacent to me doing the bedspring boogie. There seemed to be absolutely no insulation between the walls. To make matters worse, they use one of those eco friendly air conditioners that cuts off when the compessor kicks off. There was no a fan only setting. Because it was cool outside, even setting the thermostat to the lowest setting would not keep the air-conditioner going. I would like to have made this a regular home, but this one is hard to fix. The desk clerk even admitted they have had complaints about the noise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Only stayed one night but our room was very spacious, newly renovated and clean. No complaints whatsoever. They need longer shower curtains, they didn't reach the tub and water was on the floor in the bathroom but it's not my bathroom so no worries. Nice 32in flat screen TV, microwave, fridge and coffee pot in room. Building is older and the hallways and elevator show it but the rest of the property was very nice. Pool looked great although it was closed for the season already. Would recommend and would stay here again.

Room Tip: only a 7-10 minute drive from all the action in New Orleans, worth the drive to save the money on ho...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kosborne32571
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrero
Baymont Inn & Suites Marrero
Comfort Suites New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#111 of 165 in New Orleans
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower

Been to Comfort Inn Marrero? Share your experiences!