“Avoid and go to Texas Roadhouse instead!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 68 Restaurants in Marrero
Cuisines: Steakhouse
New Orleans
“Avoid and go to Texas Roadhouse instead!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've only been here twice in the past 10 years or so, but not by choice. (Family birthdays, etc.) The first time, we each ordered something with shrimp or crawfish toppings and all got severe food poisoning from it. We learned to not order seafood at a steak place.

The second time, we were seated right away, but waited fifteen minutes to see a server or be served water. Also the silverware was covered in gradu. We got as far as the brick (bread) on a cutting board and left.

I have friends who rave about this place. I fail to see how Outback superior in any way to Texas Roadhouse. Seriously.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank SpicyCajun

New Orleans, Louisiana
“$10 steak deal”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sirloin steak and veggies, baked potato, etc. Great value for $10! We went on a Friday night and there were 20 or so people waiting to be seated so we walked straight up and sat at the bar. Be careful of the little shelf on the bar....the waiter knocked one glass of wine off there and I knocked off another :-(

• Visited March 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Ribs”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

They have the best ribs. They really melt in your mouth. The seasoning is not too sweet or tangy. Just the right amount of combination. It does not need extra sauce, but is provided.

Visited August 2012
Terrytown, Louisiana
“Just average.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

First I must say I am not a fan of chain restaurants. This said our experience here was just average. My husband had the small steak, sweet potato fries, and a salad with honey mustard dressing. He said it was good. I had the mixed seafood grill, lobster mac and cheese, and broccoli. The mahi mahi was done well, but a bit salty as were the scallops and shrimp. The lobster mac and cheese was a huge disappointment. I am very fond of lobster mac and cheese but this tasted like Kraft with a few lobster crumbs added to it. No chucks of lobster or even pieces that you could see. I would suggest saving the additional money for this dish and just have the regular sides. The pinot grigo was very good. The service was excellent. Our server was very efficient without being overbearing.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank flowerchild48
Waimea, Hawaii
“A lifesaver after Hurricane Isaac”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

As a Red Cross volunteer at a shelter in Marrero,LA following Hurricane Isaac, the Outback Steakhouse was a welcome sight once it was able to reopen. Very friendly staff and the food was delicious. My favorite - the Norwegian Salmon or the Chicken Cobb salad.

• Visited September 2012