“Stayed at the campground”

and 1 more site!
Paragon Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marksville
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Campground was okay. The shuttle back and forth to the casino was convient. The main pool, the indoor tropical is beautiful but way too much clorine. Couldnt really swim in it. The smell was so strong and the water was not heated and much too cold. We will not go back unless they improve on the quailty of the pool water.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at Paragon in the South Tower. Our room was very large even with 2 queen beds. I just can't say enough about how comfortable the bed was - just impressive for a hotel. The bathroom was also large with lots of counter space. The shower could have used a little updating, but it was OK. They didn't have free WiFi, but that really wasn't a big deal for us. We like the casino - it is large & has lots of slots (which is what we play) with almost every game you've ever played. The only bad thing about this place is that it is a little "off the beaten path".

2  Thank rhatfield
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel is okay if you are lucky enough to get an Atrium room. The north and south tower rooms are not very desireable and usually need a good spring cleaning. Roxy's dinner has really good food for reasonable prices. The buffet on the other hand is not very good and is over priced for what is offered. Gaming is fun and so is the movie theaters. If you are a regular casino player you will notice that their monthly offers are less than most others.

Room Tip: If your room is not as you feel it should be, ask to be moved.
2  Thank Elaine P
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were so excited to go on vacation to this resort. We drove six hours to get there and were disappointed the first day. Our rooms weren't ready, and after they were inspected we found a broken toilet seat, puke in the trashcan with a bag placed over it, and something much like feces in the other trashcan under the bag. Mind you, the rooms were inspected! Then, when we told them about it, they didn't comp our rooms because we were on a first time Texas package??? I'm waiting to see if they keep the fifty dollar incidentals fee that they apply at checkout. We didn't crack the toilet seat and the crack was hidden by the "clean" tape they put over the toilet. The shower had mold in it and I was afraid I might get a fungus or something from using it. It was the nastiest hotel I've stayed in for some time. The casino is okay for a day trip, the daycare is wonderful, and the bar is great, but don't stay at this hotel. Even a local told my husband that he won't stay at this hotel because of that very problem. The hotel staff were very rude and talking trash about the guests. The manager provided a letter for a free stay the next time, but there won't be a next time. Think I'll just stick with Bossier-- shorter drive, better places.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Penny S
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Didn't think I could love Paragon more than I did on my first trip last year, but the second time around was even better. I couldn't stay away from Spa La Vie---You haven't lived unless you have tried the services Spa La Vie offers. I had a sense of calm, peace, and relaxation upon entering the Spa. The staff and therapists take great care to meet and exceed your expectation of luxury and pampering.
I was greeted again on my arrival of this trip with nothing but friendly, courteous employees that made me feel at home from the moment I got out of my car and walked in to the Hotel lobby.
I had a King room on South Tower, very quiet area, clean and spacious and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
My only complaint would be having to check out and leave such a great place. I hope to make my third trip to Paragon before the end of the year. I still have to check out the Cinema and of course my number one thing to do will be "Return to Paragon and Relax at Spa La Vie"

One thing you never have to worry about while at the hotel is being hungry---Large variety of dining choices from casual to champagne to appeal to everyone's taste.

Room Tip: My room on the South Tower was quiet, be prepared to walk the distance----King room had Jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

this will be my hubby and my 3rd trip to Marksville. We had a BLAST!!!. We found the staff very friendly. The room was nice and beds were fabulous. I would never take my children to a casino, as we feel it is not healthy environment for kids, but as for us...........We Love It!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly R
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Marksville and Paragon Casino Resort for a 4th of July concert.
Casino was large and seemed well staffed and attended to. I am not a gambler so I cannot comment on the games more than that.
Restaurant choices - good.
Spa - nice
Pools - outdoor pool was kind small. No umbrellas for the tables which seemed odd to me. You have to bring your own shade I guess. Indoor pool was large and tropical feeling.
Gym - 24 hours, clean. Treadmills were outdated, but at least they worked. Other equipment was fine.
Rooms- a little outdated, but clean. Jacuzzi tub was nice. Walls were thin: I could hear my neighbors most of the time.
Staff - attentive and friendly.

They have a nice nature walk behind the casino.

Lots of stuff for kids to do in the hotel: arcade, movie theaters, swimming, alligator viewing, etc...

Walmart, drugstores and a Sears nearby in case you need emergency items.

2  Thank Dayna_AnnNewOrleans

Been to Paragon Casino Resort? Share your experiences!