“3rd visit and looking forward to it.”

Paragon Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marksville
Bryan, Texas
“3rd visit and looking forward to it.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

this will be my hubby and my 3rd trip to Marksville. We had a BLAST!!!. We found the staff very friendly. The room was nice and beds were fabulous. I would never take my children to a casino, as we feel it is not healthy environment for kids, but as for us...........We Love It!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beverly R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Orleans
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Marksville and Paragon Casino Resort for a 4th of July concert.
Casino was large and seemed well staffed and attended to. I am not a gambler so I cannot comment on the games more than that.
Restaurant choices - good.
Spa - nice
Pools - outdoor pool was kind small. No umbrellas for the tables which seemed odd to me. You have to bring your own shade I guess. Indoor pool was large and tropical feeling.
Gym - 24 hours, clean. Treadmills were outdated, but at least they worked. Other equipment was fine.
Rooms- a little outdated, but clean. Jacuzzi tub was nice. Walls were thin: I could hear my neighbors most of the time.
Staff - attentive and friendly.

They have a nice nature walk behind the casino.

Lots of stuff for kids to do in the hotel: arcade, movie theaters, swimming, alligator viewing, etc...

Walmart, drugstores and a Sears nearby in case you need emergency items.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dayna_AnnNewOrleans
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

So excited my husband was sent out of town to work in a place that had such an awesome resort that the kids and I could go along with him and enjoy. Walking into the hotel, we were all excited to have found such a neat place in the middle of nowhere. Once we walked into our room, the excitement faded fast. I couldn't believe we were in the same hotel that had a movie theatre, kids club, game room, casino, live alligator display, gift shops and restaurants. Our room was as filthy as I would expect a Motel 6 or some other trashy motel to be. The bathroom had a jetted whirlpool bathtub. The jets did not work, but I'm so glad because I would have been scared of the scum to come out. The jets had a thick ring of black mildew and grime that I could not allow my kids to even take a bath in there. The shower floor tiles were just as bad. We all had to wear flips to walk in the shower. The beds do not have bed skirts, and no duvet cover. There is a fitted sheet that is very poorly tucked around the mattress, a flat sheet, a thin down type comforter, and another flat sheet to sit on top of it. These comforters do not get washed and it disgusts me that they do not have a proper cover for them to protect them from touching skin when trying to cover up at night. I don't want something laying on top of me that was just laying on top of someone else's body the night before. The flat sheets do not stay between you and the comforter at all. There was a thick layer of dust cover the nightstand, the table and the dresser. The bathroom floors had a layer of scum built up that needs some serious cleaning solvent to remove. There were streaks of soda or some other liquid that looks to have been splashed on the bathroom door and never wiped off. The carpets felt like they had been outside and never vacuumed. The drinking cups were not washed. The air conditioning unit had not seen a wipe down in a long time. There were whole chips in the floor, not just crumbs, and other pieces of trash beside the beds. The ironing board was broken and would not stand up. I have not one thing good to say about the rooms. They were absolutely disgusting. There needs to be a complete overhaul in the housekeeping department. The North tower has quite a walk to enter and exit to the parking lot. There is a large parking lot right outside that tower, but they have made all the exits emergency exits! It would be so simple to make the outside door a key activated lock so the guests wouldn't have to walk all around the world to get to the parking lot. It was extremely frustrating that the parking lot was so full most of the time that we ended up having to park right outside the north tower and it would have been so convenient to walk right inside that door to go to our room. I witnessed several older couples complaining about the distance they were having to walk to get to their rooms. The swim up bar at the inside pool never had a bartender there to actually buy drinks at any point in our weeklong stay. The smell of the indoor pool was STRONG with chemicals. I left with my eyes burning just from sitting in a chair watching my kids swim each day. I can say that I did not encounter any rude employees at all while there like several others who reviewed on here. We had a 7 year old and a 3 year old and both were always treated well by the staff. They loved Kids Quest and the hourly price was very reasonable. Several of the toys and stations did not work in the play room, but they always had great time while there. The big game room which is separate from Kids Quest cost $5 in tokens for each child to enter. If you don't stay to spend all the tokens at one time, you still have to buy more to enter the next time. The games were fun, but tickets are only redeemed for more tokens. The small game room next to the lobby was mainly for teenagers and adults. My kids were not interested those games at all. The movie theatre was excellent. It was just like our cinema at home, but a lot cheaper! The alligators were neat to look at, but had a stout smell if you got close. Overall the resort was neat to be in the middle of nowhere in Louisiana and our kids had a great time. However be prepared to go buy your own cleaning supplies like I did and have to call and ask for housekeeping to service your room. It was definitely frustrating having to walk so far to get to our room each time we went to the car knowing there was such a practical exit right there but not accessible. However my biggest complaint was the nasty rooms. The rest of the resort appeared clean and well taken care of. However I don't want to feel like I need a shower each time I leave my room. I will not be returning. I would advise families to sleep across the street at the Hampton Inn and just drive right over to experience the resort and fun for the kids. Had it not been for my husbands company reserving our room and footing the bill, I would have checked out and moved across the street as soon as I saw our room.

• Stayed June 2013
11 Thank TexasJP

Travelers are raving about these Marksville hotels

sunset
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I never write reviews but after reading the last two, I have to admit, I totally disagree. Must be the same family. I have frequented Paragon many times and have never had a bad experience whether just me and the wife or with family and friends, including children. Paragon offers as much for small children in the way of entertainment as it does for adults. The staff from floor managers to hotel clerks to valet, has always been exceptional, respectful and willing to accommodate my every need. The rooms are very clean and house keeping is also very accommodating. If your looking for a weekend getaway to have a good time or just relax, this is the place. You will be treated well.

cjd, sunset, la.

Room Tip: I prefer the inside of the Atrium area. I can sit out in the morning and have coffee on the balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank conradsunset
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Worst experience of my life. First off, the staff was more than rude and disrepectful. The only nice person I met there was Jo, the door greeter! Everyone else had the worst attitudes and none of the staff was willing to make the customers happy! Learn some customer service skills. Secondly, learn organizational skills. I waited in line three different times, 30 minutes each time, only to be told to "check back in 30 minutes" to see if my room was ready. We were told to be there at 1pm to get our room and it wasn't ready until 4. VERY UNHAPPY. Thirdly, the ballrooms are located at the back of the casino. If you have someone even Slightly under the age of 21 they are NOT in any way allowed to be in the ballrooms unless they are accompanied by an adult. To me, that is ridiculous. They should have as separate entrence for the ballrooms to accommodate all ages. We stayed there 5 days and the ONLY thing that I enjoyed was the lagoon in the lobby. The alligators were very interesting to watch. But a five hour drive isn't about watching alligators. It should be able to hotel. And it was a complete waste. So disappointed. We wasted money. Would have been better off staying at the Super 8, to be quite frank.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Mwallace1002
DeQuincy, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you have family with you stay away from this place. The staff is unfriendly and do not seem to like small children. I only stayed a few hours and decided this was not the place I wanted to stay. I still had to pay half the price of the room to check out!! If you want a place to take family and enjoy your stay this is not the place to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Debbie C
Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite casino despite being out in BFE. The buffet is always great, breakfast buffet is great as well but a bit pricey if you're not too hungry. The room was comfortable with a comfortable bed . Bathroom was very nice as well .

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank Jole_Blon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marksville
Howard Johnson Bunkie LA
Fairfield Inn & Suites Alexandria
Hampton Inn & Suites Marksville

Been to Paragon Casino Resort? Share your experiences!