“EXCEPTIONAL”

and 1 more site!
Paragon Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marksville
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I never write reviews but after reading the last two, I have to admit, I totally disagree. Must be the same family. I have frequented Paragon many times and have never had a bad experience whether just me and the wife or with family and friends, including children. Paragon offers as much for small children in the way of entertainment as it does for adults. The staff from floor managers to hotel clerks to valet, has always been exceptional, respectful and willing to accommodate my every need. The rooms are very clean and house keeping is also very accommodating. If your looking for a weekend getaway to have a good time or just relax, this is the place. You will be treated well.

cjd, sunset, la.

Room Tip: I prefer the inside of the Atrium area. I can sit out in the morning and have coffee on the balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank conradsunset
There are newer reviews for Paragon Casino Resort

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Worst experience of my life. First off, the staff was more than rude and disrepectful. The only nice person I met there was Jo, the door greeter! Everyone else had the worst attitudes and none of the staff was willing to make the customers happy! Learn some customer service skills. Secondly, learn organizational skills. I waited in line three different times, 30 minutes each time, only to be told to "check back in 30 minutes" to see if my room was ready. We were told to be there at 1pm to get our room and it wasn't ready until 4. VERY UNHAPPY. Thirdly, the ballrooms are located at the back of the casino. If you have someone even Slightly under the age of 21 they are NOT in any way allowed to be in the ballrooms unless they are accompanied by an adult. To me, that is ridiculous. They should have as separate entrence for the ballrooms to accommodate all ages. We stayed there 5 days and the ONLY thing that I enjoyed was the lagoon in the lobby. The alligators were very interesting to watch. But a five hour drive isn't about watching alligators. It should be able to hotel. And it was a complete waste. So disappointed. We wasted money. Would have been better off staying at the Super 8, to be quite frank.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Mwallace1002
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you have family with you stay away from this place. The staff is unfriendly and do not seem to like small children. I only stayed a few hours and decided this was not the place I wanted to stay. I still had to pay half the price of the room to check out!! If you want a place to take family and enjoy your stay this is not the place to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite casino despite being out in BFE. The buffet is always great, breakfast buffet is great as well but a bit pricey if you're not too hungry. The room was comfortable with a comfortable bed . Bathroom was very nice as well .

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Jole_Blon
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Okay, first thing you need to know is that an atrium room is not always in the atrium. Sometimes it overlooks the back parking lot. The second thing is, there is no such thing as a nonsmoking room at this hotel. This is the third or fourth conference I've been in and I usually stay across the street. But they doubled their rates and I was forced to stay at the Paragon. The room is very, very nice. The bed is as good as it gets, the air is cold, and the shower is sufficient, the three must haves for a hotel room for me, along with cleanliness. I went for a conference, and there is absolutely no way to get to the conference rooms without going through the casino and a haze of cigarette smoke. It is extremely noxious, and if you are prone to allergies, this will become a problem. I loved the free drink stations and the fact that they had so many restroom facilities. You have to pay for your internet, however. The last time I stayed was a nightmare in a small room with a nine inch television. At least it seems they have finally done some upgrading. Overall, everyone is nice except for the front desk people who act like they are doing your a service. VIP services representative, Kathryn, was very friendly and kind of made up for the lack of warmth in the rest of the employees. I'm sure I'll be back with more conferences but this wouldn't be my first choice of where to stay, mainly because of the cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank decoho
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My golf group made one of our bi annual road trips to the Paragon Casino Resort in March. Our stay was over two nights and three days. The hotel rooms on the Concierge level were superb. Comfortable beds and the Concierge room on the floor with complimentary coffee and juice was a nice touch.

We found the casino employees very helpful and patient with inexperienced gamblers. The only quibble (and this is not exclusive to the Paragon) is the lack of $10 minimum bet black jack tables available on a week day night.

We dined the first night at the Legends Steakhouse and all the food from the wonderful warm bread to th wedge salads, steaks and desserts was first class.

The second night we dined at Big Daddy E's, the property's casual seafood restaurant and sports bar. The group ordering boiled craw-fish woofed their huge platters down with rave reviews. The fried shrimp and oysters while tasty and fresh had a thicker batter than I would prefer.

The buffet breakfast is a bargain at $7.95. However, we found the selection of items limited and of marginal quality.

Golf at Tamahka Trails was enjoyable. The design of the course was top rate, a placement course requiring precise knowledge of yardage. First time golfers would benefit from golf carts with GPS as at Kosati Pines in Kinder, LA. The course was not in as good of condition as we have seen at other Louisiana casino golf courses. Nevertheless the course provided a challenge and the uniqueness of the holes and overall design will assure golfers wanting to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank William F
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great casino. Friendly dealers & lots of machines. Hotel has a movie theater & a great spa & indoor & outdoor pool. Very nice boutique/gift shop also. Check out concert schedule before you go because they have great acts that perform in their concert hall.

Room Tip: Get a room in the atrium with a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BLouv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marksville
Howard Johnson Bunkie LA
Fairfield Inn & Suites Alexandria
Hampton Inn & Suites Marksville

Been to Paragon Casino Resort? Share your experiences!