Paragon Casino Resort
$130
  • Restaurant
$89
Hotels.com
All reviewsbig daddyrv parkindoor poolfirst run moviesswim up barlive alligatorsslot machineskids questnature trailbalcony roomnew orleansatriumbiloxijackpotdealerstubsbayou
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Just returned from our first visit to the Paragon Casino Resort. Had read mixed reviews and wasn't sure what to expect but it was a excellent place. We asked to stay in the Sourth Tower because it was the closest to the casino floor. We had asked to have rooms close to the elevator because one of our party has breathing problems when walking too far but we didn't get to check in until about 8:30 that night and our rooms were not very close to the elevator. We were put on the 3rd (top) floor, but had very little wait for an elevator to arrive. Also, even staying in the South Tower it was a little bit of a walk into the casino. And, of course, the buffet is all the way to the back of the casino which is large. Our rooms, while not new, were very nice and were clean. Had a fridge & microwave & coffee maker. Very comfortable beds. The atrium with the bridges crossing over the live alligator lagoon was interesting especially for kids that were there. Had an excellent movie theater where I saw Snow White and the Huntsman (great movie by the way) $6 for seniors. Concession stand outside the theatre where you could buy hot dogs, popcorn, nachos and drinks even if you weren't going to a movie. Roxy's diner had excellent food at decent prices, ate there twice. I personally only ate at the breakfast buffet and it was ok, typical buffet. My three companions ate the $25 seafood buffet on Friday night and said it was "ok" but not worth the price but said they were sure a lot of the people there ate their fill and more of the crab legs. One of the girls in the Roxy cafe said often times the food is cold at the buffet unless you get there right when they put it our for lunch or dinner. Didn't go swimming but the pool area was beautiful...indoors and very tropical looking. There were a lot of kids there I guess due to the movie theatre, swimming, and an arcade with employees that watched the kids while parents gambled. We enjoyed it very much but probably won't go back since it is almost a 7 hour drive for us, but it was great to go to at least once. Didn't bring any money home but didn't expect to, so that was ok. Be sure to call for reservations because the website reservations listed the rooms for $94 a night and when I called the lady gave us a $50 room rate.

Room Tip: Were told by other people that the North Tower and the Atrium rooms were much nicer than the South Tower but not getting to see one we were happy with the South Tower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank brotatcotton
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Wife wanted to go here for our anniversary. Room was nice, we stayed in the older part of the resort and could use some sprucing up, was a long walk to get to everything. Was clean with no weird smells in the elevator....we ate at the buffet which was great ! Alligator pool in the lobby is really cool and the saturday alligator show is a must see, very enjoyable. Will definately stay again but in the newer side next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sskessler401
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Paragon because we went to see Troy Landry and his sons at the Mari Center.The only thing we liked was the beds,the bathroom was nice size,no HOT water in the morning to shower after complaining to the front desk we received a lower room rate from $152.00 down to $90.00,and she also said she was very sorry for not having hot water,the hall carpet is terrible,very dirty,house keeping very noisy in the halls in the morning,they were going around slamming doors,the smoke smell is horrible everywhere,the restaurants are NOT smoke free,next time we will stay at the Hampton Inn , now that we know it is right across the street at the light by McDonalds and also brand new.

Room Tip: Rooms in the South tower are the older rooms but are closer to the Casino and everything.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BandBAdventures
Reviewed May 31, 2012

While it's not as nice as the hampton across the street...it was very clean. A little noisy sometimes but i slept like a baby. I would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shalo d
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Pros : clean, well furnished with towels, everything in the room was functional.

Cons : terrible service, rude service from restaurant personnel.

First off, the hotel room was ok. It was a large suite that had a living room and a separate bedroom. Right off the bat I noticed a problem. I tried to call down to the front desk to order 3 beers from room service, and they gave me a bogus number to call. After spending a few minutes calling this number, I called the front desk again and they told me to call the restaurant, and they told me they couldn't bring up 3 beers to the room. Now I thought this was a casino.I have stayed at many many many casinos ( Vegas included) and have never had a problem getting ANYTHING delivered to the room. So after 10 minutes they called back and said they could bring the refreshments up. I declined, and headed to the casino floor. After playing all night (and losing750 dollars) I decided it was time for some raw oysters and fried shrimp. I went to the seafood restaurant and waited about 45 minutes, got aggravated and left. Went to roxys, and waited about 30 minutes, flagged down 2 waitresses and still couldn't place an order. I waited another 10 minutes or so and after being continuously ignored, I got mad again, and without any other options I went to the oyster bar, demanded service and I managed to get a few dozen oysters shucked for me. Now, the whole time the woman was shucking the oysters she was making weird faces and acting like she was on drugs or something. A friend joined me and every time we asked for another dozen the lady behind the bar almost died. We only ate 4 dozen and it was like pulling teeth for her to shuck them. Its hard to enjoy your food With someone sitting right across the bar making weird faces And acting retarted. I'd like to add that these restaurants we only 1/4 to 1/2 full with guests. It's not like it was so crowded or anything. Everybody was complaining about the service from the restaurant personnel. The next day we went to the buffet for lunch. The waitresses were courteous but it was the same thing in the buffet line. The guy slicing the ham just threw the peice in my plate. I should have let the whole plate hit the floor and walked out. Then, by the Italian food section, the server just threw a serving spoon from about 3 feet away into an empty tray on the line. It could have easily splattered on someones clothes. I had made up my mind that if the spoon would have hit me or splattered on me that I was going to throw it back at her from under the glass. I tell you what, this casino needs to clean up it's act. Everybody was complaining about the food and the restaurants in there. It was horrible. I don't plan on going back anytime soon.

• Stayed: May 2012