“Well Worth The Trip!”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Monroe, Louisiana
“Well Worth The Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I found out about this place while visiting Alexandria about fifteen years ago. The person that took me was so excited about this restaurant that we made the trip (about 50 or 60 miles south of Alex) to Marksville. Wow, we were not sorry AT ALL! If you happen to be in town for an evening, I'm sure that you won't even need this review to know where to go! This restaurant speaks for itself!

Visited July 2011

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cajun finest jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

What a jewell set in a small Louisiana town right in the heart of cajun country. My husband and I love this place. We have never had a bad meal, or even a mediocre one. They have all been superb. Even when the owner Al Mahfouz stepped aside and trained new chefs all the dishes were to die for. He and his wife (who will definitely greet you) are very special people. They train their wait staff on the level of a 5Star restaurant. The place is what we like to call fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere. You can have a nice romantic dinner but you might be sitting by a group of 20 celebrating a birthday. No matter who you are you are treated special. My only disappointment is I took a job in Columbus, Ohio and do not get to go home to Louisiana as often as I would like so I really miss the folks at Red River Grill. In my job I have travelled to many large towns and have yet to find a better restaurant and that says a lot especially since I am including Columbus, Ohio where there are tons of good restuarants. But still none compare to the this cajun jewel. I can't wait to go back. The Elk tenderloin is to die for. Oh but I think I have tried it all and if you are in for green fried tomatoes, I haven't found any anywhere better.

• Visited January 2012
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Well worth trip from England !!Great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We spent two weeks travelling the USA and was recommended this restaurant; it turns out to be the best one we have eaten at.

Thanks to the chef and waiters for a great night.

• Visited May 2012
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

In this little Louisiana town sits a hidden, gourmet treasure. The first time we ate there we were amazed at the exquisite food, friendly, competent service. The menu is varied from traditional steaks, crawfish dishes, to elk tenderloin, which I had on our last visit in April, 2012. It was cooked to perfection. We have never had a disappointing evening at the Red River Grill. They have a good house wine list and full bar. Great place for special occasions or just for an evening of good food with friends. Knowing that the entrees are so good and filling we have never tried the appetizers. The menu is posted on the internet with "tonight's" specials kept updated.

• Visited April 2012
Napa, California
“Great experience in Marksville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a perfect little restaurant on the courthouse square in Marksville. Neat bar scene and great service. The tuna sashimi appetizer is fantastic, and all of the fish entrees unparalleled. Well worth the drive.

• Visited March 2012