“The Most Horrible Dining Experience Ever!”

Cypress Bend Golf Resort Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Many
Description: Whether you’re fueling up for the day with a delicious breakfast, grabbing a snack during a round of golf or winding down after a long conference session, our variety of convenient and welcoming dining options offer something to satisfy every appetite. CYPRESS BEND DINING ROOM Located just off the Main Lobby and Great Room, Cypress Bend Dining Room offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with exceptional views of the golf course. Gaze upon the 18th green, which spills into the Toledo Bend Lake, as you feast on delicious Southern cuisine. Choose from a variety of breakfast favorites, dig into mouth-watering burgers and local fare for lunch and savor fresh-cut steaks, seafood and traditional Louisiana cuisine for dinner. Then don’t forget to top off your meal with one of our delectable homemade desserts!
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Called a week ahead and reserved a table for 18 for my daughters 21st birthday; most of our family and several of her friends. We did not even get a glass of water or menu until 8:15, and the restaurant was not crowded! We had one waitress for our table, and she was obviously new, and very inexperienced! The salad bard was horrible, when we finally got to place our order the waitress came back to tell us that no one could have a baked potato, except the people who had ordered steaks. My daughter & I both ordered the tenderloin med. well, (which were quite pricey). When we finally got them, they were RARE! Then the ones who got baked potatoes had to wait forever to get butter, cheese & sour cream; by the time they finally brought it, the potatoes were so cold that the butter wouldn't melt! One of my daughters friends never got her food, because she was gone to the restroom when the waitress brought it out, she gave her food to a guy that had just walked in and said "if you can't find the owner of that I'll take it". After such disgusting service, we waited forever for someone to bring us our ticket, one of the family stopped another waitress and ask for it and was told that our waitress was gone on break, and we would have to wait for her to get back! By then everyone at the table was ready to get up and walk out; but we ask for the manager, and when he came to the table we figured out what a big part of the problem was....Very arrogant and non-apologetic about the service and food! Just shrugged his shoulders and said, "busy night"! I was appalled.....This is a very nice facility with beautiful decor, and pathetic food and service that is very over-priced! My brother & I both filled out a complaint card, he left his on the table, but I took mine to the front desk to be given to the hotel manager. The girl at the front desk assured me that the manager would be calling me soon! It's now been over a month, and I still haven't received a phone call from anyone. What should have been a wonderful evening, was ruined by their poor service, incompetence, and horrible attitude. Don't waste your money going to this place!

1  Thank Trina J
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Cypress Bend Golf Resort Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to send us review of your recent stay at Cypress Bend Resort. On behalf of the entire hotel management team, please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. Please know that this is not typical for the exceedingly high standards we have set for our hotel. We understand that world-class service is expected, and that is what we strive to deliver. Your comments were taken very seriously, and have been addressed by each member of the hotel management team in a continuing effort to improve our services.