“Nice grounds - rooms need updating badly”

Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Many
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We met long time friends at Cypress Bend Resort. Grounds beautiful, golf challenging but fun, hotel staff mostly friendly but the rooms have a lot to be desired - in bad need of updating and could use a good cleaning. We had a king balcony room and when we walked onto the balcony, there was a dirty wine glass and cigar in the asstray that housecleaning totally overlooked. Around/under the bed looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time, and there was trash in the corner under the bathroom vanity. The golf staff was great; the reservation staff was accomodating; the massage I had was wonderful. Would we go back, probably, but will try to check into villas maybe next time. Also, sports bar needed some type of supervision. There were a lot of drunks out of control and ended up in a fight one night while others were trying to watch the baseball game.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
evelyn_pinkston, Manager at Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2010

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that the Resort staff was friendly and accommodating. We as a Resort try to make sure that each and every one of our Guests have the best experience in each and every area here at Cypress Bend Resort. I do apologize for the experience that you and your friends had in our Social Room. We will make every effort to improve in this area and the Housekeeping area as well. Again thank you for your comments, as we do value each and every one of our guest's and their comments. We always do our best to work towards improving our Resort, so that our guests can enjoy their stay with us. I do hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance to make your stay with us a happy and relaxing stay. Please feel free to contact me personally if there is anything we can do.

There are newer reviews for Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed May 24, 2010

If you are looking for a weekend getaway far from the big city then this is your place. The resort has everything onsite: impressive golf course, pro shop, restaurant, spa and salon, bar, indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, free washer/dryer. Hiking and biking trails are available for someone who is up for a challenge. The Resort is on a cliff overlooking beautiful Toledo Bend Lake. Access to the lake is 3 miles down the road with small entrance fee. I am ready to go back and sit on the back porch of the Great Room to watch the sun go down. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylsol77042
evelyn_pinkston, Front Office Manager at Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2010

Thanks for your comment. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to your return visit. There is a small entrance fee for the the Cypress Bend Park for non-guest of Cypress Resort. If you are a guest of the Resort please let our Front Desk personnel know and we will be happy to give you a pass to the Park. Again thank you for your comment.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I have stayed at plenty of "resort" over the years and come to expect that a "resort" would offer rooms that live up to the "resort" name. This hotel and surroundings are beautiful - golf course and lake are unbelievable. I was very dissapointed with the room; however. It was not clean - peanuts in the air conditioner, shower head had pink mildew, and lots of dust. NO ROOM SERVICE!! This is not acceptable for a hotel to be considered a "resort." They are missing the boat - update the rooms to provide a few more lush items - bathrobes, nicer linens, towels, etc. The other dissapointment was very few TV channels - not that I was there to watch TV, but a few more choices would be better. The room was not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We are a working progress and value our guests comments and any input that they may have to help us become a better resort. We do now have in-room dining services. And we will continue to make improvements. I hope that you will reconsider and come back for another visit in the future. Again thank you for your comment.

Reviewed March 31, 2009

My husband and I both play golf, so we decided to travel up the road to Cypress Bend Resort.

The golf was great. My husband and I played 2 rounds while there (we only stayed one night).

The food at the resort was excellent.

The spa at the resort was impressive. While it is very small compared to most spas, the people working there sure knew what they were doing. I had one of the best hot stone massages of my life (I wrote the hotel later to tell them just how fantastic it was!)

The grounds of the resort are beautiful. Worth a visit!

Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience at Cypress Bend Resort with the rest of the world! We are grateful to have had you as our guest and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel during the Thanksgiving holidays. I booked this hotel because my son and his family were camping at an RV park close to the hotel. I never expected to find such a nice property with beatiful nature surroundings. This property is located on a hilly site with beautiful trees. The hotel has a nice spa, pool and gym. Rooms are ample, very clean but, don't expect room or valet service. This hotel is a golfer's paradise while staying in a budget. We are planning to go back in the future for another nice and peaceful week-end.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you so much for your feedback and recommendation. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 1, 2008

They seem to have turned things around at this resort. Our room was comfortable and spacious with a great view of the golf course. They had recently put in new carpet which was a bonus.

My favorite place was on the back porch in a big, white rocking chair overlooking the lake and golf course. The weather was fantastic during our visit so I sat and read while my husband attended his meetings.

There aren't any good restaurants within driving distance so we ate all our meals there. The staff in the cafe were friendly and the food was good.

There isn't much for families with toddlers. Although their indoor/outdoor heated pool really was heated.

All-in-all a great and relaxing experience.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Thank you for choosing to stay as our guest and for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 27, 2007

After reading previous reviews, I was apprehensive about staying at the Cypress Bend Resort. My experience was good and I will stay again. My summary:
1. Front desk staff was weak. Were not friendly and did not offer info on where room was located -- necessary info in a resort with multiple buildings.
2. Room was clean, comfortable, nice, up-to-date.
3. Lake views, walking trails, golf course, etc. were good to excellent.
4. Did not use the restaurant or spa.
5. Very relaxing environment.
6. Very large facility.
7. Stated they had free wireless Internet, but the wireless did not work most of the time. Front desk did provide a cable for wired Internet.
8. Based on my long term experience with using Trip Advisor ratings, I believe this property would receive a rating of around 4.1 if it was rated by a large number of people. I usually look for properties that have a 4.0 or higher rating, although some with 3.5 ratings have been ok.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank HavePlaneWillTravel
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Many
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#4 of 5 in Many
American Inn Motel
American Inn Motel
#5 of 5 in Many
Harborlight Marina and Resort

Been to Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!