“Will not go back...”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Friendly service. I was very disappointed with the food.

There are newer reviews for Sesame Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We tried Sesame Inn one night because we were from out of town and it was recommended to us. I called in and ordered take out. The lady on the phone was quick to take my order and very courteous. I ordered the Bride and Groom entree (mixed chicken and beef in veggies), the vegetable lo-mien, sesame chicken, and mo goo gai pan. Not too impressed with the sesame chicken, the menu said it was supposed to be spicy and it wasn't, it also was the batter fried lumps of chicken which is disappointing to see in Chinese restaurants today. The rest of the food was satisfactory and we somehow got an extra dish that we didn't order. The previous comment about the fried rice below is still accurate, just rice and nothing else to it. The food portions were generous and hot.
Overall, I give them 5 stars for service and friendliness, but not so much on the quality of the food.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Food was just barely OK. When I have to think about whether the food I ordered is actually chicken or not, I'm not eating it. Service was friendly and efficient but that alone won't get me back in the door.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

On a scale of 1-5 I give it a 7. Service was amazing!

Reviewed October 9, 2009

This place is great, super-friendly owner makes you feel welcome on your first visit. Quality of the meat and seafood is wonderful, and they offer brown, white, or fried rice. Beware - the fried rice is terrible - yellowish, nothing but rice, and flavorless. However, since everything else is top notch, we still love the place. Favorite things here - appetizer potstickers, wonton soup, kung pao anything, sesame shrimp.

Please Sesame Inn - read this and change the fried rice!