“Lunch for 4”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: South Louisiana Seafood cuisine
Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was a beautiful day so we dined outdoors. The food was, as usual very good. Our server was ok. My only wish is that they offer sweetened tea.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Can't recommend the Crab Brie soup enough. I wish I had gotten the bowl not the cup. Excellent place for the traditional fried seafood platters. They never over use the oil! If you have room try the Fried Green tomatoes as an appetizer. We shared a special Pan Grilled Mahi with shrimp. Plenty of outside seating to take advantage of the weather and the great view of the lake.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a great way to spend an afternoon relaxing on the porch and enjoying the lake. You have all the good parts of the lake with the extra benefit of food and drink.

Stick with the fried seafood for the best experience. I have ordered other items prepared in other ways and have been disappointed almost every time.

Service was very good. The waitress was attentive but did not hover.

You cannot beat the porch, it is Rip's best asset.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had been there several times before with family members, today I brought a friend and stated
that through my experience this was the best seafood restaurant in the entire metro area.
We ordered the catfish topped with oysters with iced tea. My friend agreed that I was correct,The food,service and view were wonderfull. We will return soon.

1  Thank dave111metairie
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food is consistently good and the porch is a wonderful place to visit with friends. Wait for the weather to be nice and enjoy!