“Excellent Italian Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The atmosphere is great in this restaurant. The head chef spent time with us to tell us a little about himself. He is from Palermo, Sicily and has brought many of his family's recipe's to this country. The service was fairly prompt and the food was excellent. I feel as thought the food is not completely original to Sicily. My wife and I have had what was supposed to be the best Itialian food in such places as New York and Rome. This place had food that was much better. I believe that they have added a little New Orleans flare to the food. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of Italian style food.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a really nice Italian Restaurant the is really kind of hard to get to. It is right off the East causeway approach in Old Mandeville. They have some excellent Italian style offerings. The Lasagna is the Best in the New Orleans area. Excellent Chef. The service is very good. A little pricey.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This is the best kept secret in Mandeville!! The food was excellent!! The owner/chef and his wife, made me feel like I was a dinner guest at their home! The atmosphere brought me back to Italy! Go and enjoy, I know I will!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Absolutely HORRIBLE food, the Scallopinne Marsala, tastes as if the "CHEF" is compensating for his inability to cook with a CHEEP Marsala wine! It tasted like he dumped half the bottle in a pan slightly heated it and served it! Is was a dish fit for a Wino, NOT a 15 year old kid! The Cioppino di Mare, lets just say Chef Boyardee would have tasted better!!! Took over an HOUR AND A HALF to get our food and it was Very disappointing!!! I took four bites and refused to eat any more, we would have been better served taking $140.00 and burning it in a fire place! Don't waste your TIME OR MONEY!!!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I sat solo @ the bar. No bar bar tender & 2 servers who were busy with a large party in the dining rm. They barely gave me the time of day. Mussles were good, w/ hot toasty bread. Most dishes on menu have tomatoes. I asked waiter if they had steak. He said yes. So I ordered a filet med. rare. He said it was about an inch and a half thick and came with a veg.. Would have been perfect right? What I got was a small saucer of minced up withered romain and a Porterhouse steak that was cooked un-evenly. Part of it was well done (of course it was the tenderloin part) and part was cooked med. I informed the waiter that it was no problem being the wrong steak but I could not eat it bc it was over done. I had the Teramisu. (very good) What shocked me was the way Gio got in my face and insulted me for not eating his half burnt steak. As I exited the men's rm. he cornered me in the bar with a small piece of the steak I had sent back, cursing and shouting that I don't know what med. rare is. Then told me to never come back. Poor service, poor cooking, poor attitude, Why would I. Gio needs to learn some manners. and civility. Save your money or go somewhere else.

2  Thank Nola4life504