“Very Good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in today for a burger. Had the Suga Burger and my friend had the New Orleans Burger. Both were cooked to perfection, moist and good. Service was great.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

madisonville
“Not the best....CLOSED NOW”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Was there couple times last year...sandwiches okay...for the rest, I would pick anothr place...Tried to go back for a sandwich early Feb 2013, the Mandeville location is CLOSED....not sure if Covington location still open or not.....

Mandeville, Louisiana
“Best Po-Boys to be Found!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Granted, I always get the roast beef, but I've tasted the oyster and shrimp po-boys that my wife has had and they're terrific also.
I really, REALLY dislike sports bars, so it's not a place I like to eat-in, but I often pick up food to-go. I can't say that I care for their new location, because it's very much out of my way (the previous location was very convenient for me, as was the original location which was a portable building in the parking lot of a hardware store!)
But I digress. We actually dined-in at Bear's last month (on a slow day with no sports events to spoil our meal) and while my sandwich was perfect as usual, my wife's fried oyster po-boy was incredibly salty. We mentioned it to the server, and the manager immediately came to the table and apologized; he removed the charge from our bill without any hesitation or even a request for it. It was quite the exception that the food was not up to par, so it will not in the least affect our future dining there.
Bottom line: the food is excellent and they stand behind the quality. The prices seem a little steep, but the large po-boys are rather gargantuan.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
South Carolina
“Best Roast Beef Po-Boy Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I always hit this hotspot when I come to Covington/Mandeville area. Best, messiest roast beef po-boy ever!

Visited December 2012
Covington, Louisiana
“Bad service every time we go there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Food was ok. Bread was stale the last time we went. Service is bad again. Took server over 20 minutes just to get a menu, then another 10 for drinks. We were there for almost an hour before we even got to order our food. The worse part is it was not crowded.

• Visited December 2012