“Holy Moly... Benedict Nirvana”
Review of Louie and the Redhead Lady - CLOSED

Louie and the Redhead Lady
Description: This restaurant was recently featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives from the Food Network.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I ate several meals at the old location when I was in the area for 10 days in 2012 and the only complaint that I could have had was that there wasn't enough, but would have to admit to a high-level of gluttony, were I to say this. Quite simply, the food is exquisite at Louie and the Redhead Lady. So good, that when I had the option of driving North on I-75 to go home, I chose to drive a considerable distance out of my way, just so I could have Louie's Eggs Buras and then drive over to I-55 to head North to home. The waitresses know what the heck they're doing, are attentive, friendly, and helpful. My poached eggs were cooked precisely the way I like them, Louie's Hollandaise was a perfect complement to the English muffin, ham, egg, and flash fried oysters!

There are newer reviews for Louie and the Redhead Lady

Reviewed September 26, 2013

On a recent Nursing Conference trip in NOLA, my friend and I decided to drive across the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway to try "Louis and the Red-Head Lady" restaurant. Guy must have visited on a GOOD day...we did NOT!! My fried green tomatoes were soggy and greasy. Her eggplant was much the same. Service was slow, and there were only a few customers in there. We were disappointed. Will scrutinize Guy Fieri's choices more closely now!

Got back to Virginia and had the BEST fried green tomatoes at "The Horse Shoe Restaurant" in good ole" South Hill, VIRGINIA!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Appetizer of eggplant and crab cakes was awesome.
Fried green tomatoes were excellent as we're the oysters. Bring your own booze.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I stopped for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. I Had catfish and an order of fried green tomatoes, wife had blackened chicken. Both were fresh and filling, wife's sides were cold but other than that a worthwhile stop

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My credit card number was stolen there and used online! Not a very good experience in that department. My family loves the atmosphere and food. I am not judging the restaurant based on the caliber of the thief that stole the cc number. It could have happened any where.